Virtual airshows
October 17, 2017, 10:32:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q & A VFAT 2008  (Read 37594 times)
Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« on: October 07, 2008, 12:58:24 am »

Ask your questions in this thread and they will be answered and implented in the Q&A list.

Participating Teams & Solo Pilots

Q: Can we use our own server?
A: Yes. Teams can use their own server on request (PM/Mail). It is recommended that teams use one of the VFAT main servers though, since these servers are very stable.

Q: Can we have our own ATC?
A: Yes, on request (PM/Mail).

Q: Can we have our own camera man?
A: Yes, on request and if connection/system requirements are met. More information can be found in the Tech Corner.
Otherwise, one of the VFAT Camera Crew will be assigned.

Q: Can we have spectators directly connected to our server?
A: Basicly, no. We want to keep the potential for lag and/or other technical difficulties on the servers as low as possible. We have the Live Stream available for spectators. In case you have a very special guest (Real Team Pilots / ED / Sponsors), submit a request (PM/Email).

Q: Will there be a VFAT Mod?
A: No, since ONLY the VFAT Camera Crew, ATC controllers and Teams & Solo Pilots need to be in the server, only they will install the required mod or skin for each show.

Q: Will there be a final "Mass Flight" at VFAT?
A: Yes, but because there is no VFAT Mod we will use one aircraft type with one skin to build the final "Mass Flight" formation with all participating pilots. A modded Su-27 will be used and will be available for download during the VFAT weekend.

Q: Where do we need to upload our Mod/Skin/Music/Mission/Track?
A: The VFAT-FTP server will be available soon. Every team will receive an email with additional information. The folder for each team will remain private.

Q: What are the VFAT Server settings going to be?
A: DIFFICULTY
Padlock: On
G-Effect: Reduced (can be changed by teams using own server)
Permit Crash RCVR: On
Unlimited Fuel: On (can be changed by teams using own server)
Unlimited Weapons: On (required setting for flares)
Radio Assist: Off (we will not use in game comms)
Easy Flight: Off (reality setting)
Easy Radar: Off (reality setting)
Immortal: On (required setting due to lag issues)
Mini Hud: Off (can be changed by teams using own server)
External Views: On
Map View: On
Aircraft Switching: On
Labels: Off (reality setting)

GRAPHICS
Scenes: Low or Medium (can be changed by teams using own server)
Civ Traffic: No

@ VFAT Staff: feel free to edit and add things to the Q & A list.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 04:33:51 pm by Frazer » Logged

Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 02:48:09 pm »

I just read the Q & A and have additional a question about the music streaming during the vfat displays. Do i have to put all tracks(~3-5 music tracks) in one big mp3 file, or is it possible, that someone can broadcast each music track for timing reasons?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 02:52:17 pm by Sawamura » Logged

VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 07:41:55 pm »

I just read the Q & A and have additional a question about the music streaming during the vfat displays. Do i have to put all tracks(~3-5 music tracks) in one big mp3 file, or is it possible, that someone can broadcast each music track for timing reasons?

Thanks.

That should be possible, however, if you are thinking about just using particular parts of particular songs, you should trim the song down to the part that you want to use before sending it to the staff (i.e. I want to start "Song A" at 0:36 because thats the part of the music I use).  I can probably help out with the music/audio retran during the show.  I've figured out some pretty good settings through TeamSpeak and Ventrilo!

Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 07:53:14 pm »

Thanks.

That should be possible, however, if you are thinking about just using particular parts of particular songs, you should trim the song down to the part that you want to use before sending it to the staff (i.e. I want to start "Song A" at 0:36 because thats the part of the music I use).  I can probably help out with the music/audio retran during the show.  I've figured out some pretty good settings through TeamSpeak and Ventrilo!

That would help a lot. Thanks. Smiley

Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 07:56:43 pm »

Most teams will want to do their own songs (since it requires a lot of attention to detail, pre-mixing and a DJ who knows the show as well as any camera man or the pilots flying it), but if you request someone else to do your music then:

1) The songs need to be on the FTP already pre-formatted the way you want them;
2) Do not assume someone will have time to learn your music timing, so either upload a large pre-mixed song or have a playlist of the songs you want to use ready, so that someone can simply hit play (and forget about it);
3) If this isn't enough, you ought to seek a dedicated DJ for your demo and make that person part of your team staff (and only upload songs to the FTP for backup reasons).

P.S. Frazer, told you this would be another can of worms...  Grin

Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 09:08:20 pm »

Thanks Lawndart. Smiley

Well i will think about it to "hire" Wink someone who could help me with it.  Cool

Sweeper
was able to line up

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 07:48:14 pm »

How can i record music in TS instead of your voice?
(Music instead of microphone)
Thanks in advance.

VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 07:58:19 pm »

How can i record music in TS instead of your voice?
(Music instead of microphone)
Thanks in advance.

Let me see if I can make a tutorial for you all.  The easiest way without working too hard in sound settings, is to take a 1/8th inch to 1/8th inch patch cable (headphone to headphone) and put one end into the microphone jack, and the other into the headphone/speaker jack on your sound card.

Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 08:33:59 pm »

Never thought of that! Seems so rudimentary (simple)...

If you have a Creative card, just select to record "What you hear" instead of Microphone. On most soundcards you can select to record "Wave" instead of Microphone. Does the same thing. Just find your recording slider in the mixer board (sound settings) and see what it is set to.

As far as volume levels..... putting everything (!) to 50% works as a starting number. If you want narration/comms over the music set the wave output to 25% max.

Hope this helps some! Smiley

Sweeper
was able to line up

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 08:40:47 pm »

Thanks!!
I'll try it, i knew it was possible, but how..... Smiley

Sweeper
was able to line up

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 12:09:15 pm »

It works!!  Grin
But if somebody is talking he/she hears his/her own echo.
How can we solve that?

VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 07:43:55 pm »

It works!!  Grin
But if somebody is talking he/she hears his/her own echo.
How can we solve that?

Which method are you using?

Are you using teamspeak or ventrilo?

Sweeper
was able to line up

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 08:06:48 pm »

Teamspeak (RC2)

VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 10:40:58 pm »

Teamspeak (RC2)

And you are using the cable to cable method?

Regardless of what method you are using, however, make sure that in the Settings-Sound Input/Output Settings that your output volume is as far to the left (min) as possible.  That will kill any sound coming in that is from Teamspeak itself.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 10:42:56 pm by VBARhino » Logged

Sweeper
was able to line up

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 11:01:52 pm »

Yeah, i want to mute the sound that's incoming in TS.
That's all :-)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: