Virtual airshows
October 20, 2017, 05:49:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaming Cliffs 3  (Read 12565 times)
VBDJT_Viper
Could find the throttle

« on: November 14, 2011, 04:10:55 am »

I don't know if you guys have heard about this yet, but Check it out! Grin
http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php/topic/36980-fc3-confirmed-by-eagle-dynamicss-matt-wagner/
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 04:12:53 am by VFD_Viper » Logged

Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 07:29:30 am »

I'm telling ya it's very very good news for this community! Here's hoping they make some additional minor changes to the graphical engine. (Like smoke? Please?)

JuanOscar
Could find the throttle

Patrulla Águila Virtual

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 09:45:54 am »

Indeed, it would be very nice if the aerobatic community send a reply together for the implementation of some aerobatic features in FC3, like put different independent smokes, to activate one or another in flight... and some features else, thinking in airshows, and aerobatic flying.

Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 10:55:30 am »

I'm telling ya it's very very good news for this community! Here's hoping they make some additional minor changes to the graphical engine. (Like smoke? Please?)

The smoke is certainly the first thing, I would like to see fixed.

Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 11:22:49 am »

I say we make a big video montage of all the moments where ugly cotton ball smoke ruined our shows, and send it to TFC! Grin

FTV.Kerberos
Was able to find the engine start button

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 12:21:44 pm »

Agree with Juan. And I add editable flight model of course.

It would be a dream.

I would write a message to developers about it, signed by ALL virtual aerobatic squadrons... do you guys think is it possible and useful?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:23:48 pm by FTV.Kerberos » Logged

JTS-Yopsolo

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 12:59:42 pm »

Good idea!
Nothing ventured, nothing gained

It won't be so difficult for them to improve the smoke generator. Hope so.
Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 01:11:27 pm »

Isn't the smoke billowing effect tied to the clock in game somehow? I rarely get this issue unless I pause a track...

Still, I'd also like a more distinct smoke that looks the same the second it comes on as it does five seconds later... not the first few seconds being blurry and then becoming more defined.

Oh, and great news for sure on FC3 etc.  Cheesy

Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 01:18:07 pm »

Isn't the smoke billowing effect tied to the clock in game somehow? I rarely get this issue unless I pause a track...

http://forum.virtual-airshows.com/index.php/topic,943.0.html

FTV.Kerberos

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 01:23:29 pm »

We FTV switched to Il-2 because it's not possible that a MB339 must fly like an A-10, same thing a Bae Hawk or a L-39 cannot fly with the envelop of a F-15 or other FC jets. It's not realistic.
It would be nice that every aerobatic squadron can have its plane with its real flight envelop, its real maneuver diagrams... and so on. It could means "start to learn again from scratch"... like it was for us when switched from lomac to il-2.

Our display program in lomac was 45 mins long because of the plane speed and A-10 flight model. Now in Il-2 we perform the same display is 29 mins. The real display is 27-28 mins long. The good: no annoying dead times. Realistic heights and speeds of maneuvers. Possibility to perform realistic lomcovak, crazy flight and other "innatural" manevuers. I say this because it would be great to watch virtual airshows closer to the real ones.

The downside of il-2? Camera management and overall graphics quality.

The dream would be il-2 physics-like and Lomac graphics. In this way all virtual aerobatic teams can have a "common simulator" and maybe sometimes perform joint trainings that would be awesome. I know, probably i'm a dreamer... but i want to believe. And sorry for my english.

JuanOscar
Could find the throttle

Patrulla Águila Virtual

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 02:40:41 pm »

Same problem here... started with A-10 FM with our C-101 model, but after a lot of problems and "frustrations", switched to F-15, being better, but to much power over our little plane, so is very nervous to fly it, and also problems derivated from center gravity... It would be nice if ED would open the door with more tools and open code for the moders, to adjust better the external aircrafts created. As well as new features for aerobatics, as better smoke, and the choice to switch the smoke in flight.

If ED could implement the smoke developed by FTV in IL2 it would be nice, is pretty amazing...

Crash
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 03:48:53 pm »

It might be too late, but a clear statement from the whole community posted on ED forums could have a better effect than discussions over here IMHO. We all know the limitations of the current engine and it's advantages over other. I still think that good things are coming for this community!

FTV.Kerberos

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 05:07:55 pm »

If ED could implement the smoke developed by FTV in IL2 it would be nice, is pretty amazing...

Thanks but just for fairness, smoke mod was developed by PAT (polish aerobatic team in il-2), we "only" mod it for our purposes and delete all unwanted features.

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 08:53:09 pm »

Smoke has already been discussed with TFC over 6 months ago.
That's all I can say at this point, sorry.
VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 01:44:21 am »

Still, I'd also like a more distinct smoke that looks the same the second it comes on as it does five seconds later... not the first few seconds being blurry and then becoming more defined.

This, and, allow it to be turned on while on the ground!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: