Virtual airshows
September 20, 2017, 11:19:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Video] Putting your model into Lockon as a new structure.  (Read 4850 times)
Edge
Just able to find the joystick

« on: December 20, 2011, 07:34:42 am »

Hey guys,
   I made this tutorial to show you guys how to add your ground models into the game as a new structure instead of replacing models that are currently in the game. If you want any other tutorials made please suggest them below.

Wine69
Designer
Is airborne

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 08:07:30 am »

Thx Edge, I will check the tutorial later on, seems very usefull for the mod makers of the teams.

Greets, Wine.

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 04:28:52 pm »

Thanks Edge
Sevas
Was able to find the engine start button

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 04:26:41 pm »

Very useful video, Edge!
I have a question - sometimes, when I put my 3d model close to parking place, then in mission I can`t choose craft on this parking. Is it possible to fix that? Maybe some collision need to disable in model?
thx

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 04:41:24 pm »

Sevas,
Maybe offset the model from centre in 3d Max and place the static object on the map further away from the parking spot, so to "fool" the sim it in thinking the object is not close?

I've found that placing any static object near a parking slot will never allow the plane to spawn there, which kind of makes sense but use the method above which works well as the sim thinks the static object is further away. Mind you I've only done this without a custom collision model in place, but never had problems.

The drawback to this is that the collision model may be off if a jet hits it, but I'm assuming you're not fussed about that.
Sevas
Was able to find the engine start button

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 06:17:04 pm »

Yeah, I know about, this method works fine. Thx Ells!
But I want to place my object as close as possible to craft, like refuel device, extinguisher etc...

Edge
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 06:57:58 pm »

As Ells mentioned above a easy fix for this problem is to offset your 3d model in 3ds max. There will be some trial and error having to be done to get the model where you want it , but nonetheless the problem would be solved.
Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 10:04:46 pm »

From my experience, whenever a model(or part of model) is on the parking area, you cant spawn there. It doesnt matter, where you have your center of the model.
Have you ever tried the cirrus cloud mod? Even if the center of the model is around 20 km from the airbase,  you cant spawn there, because the huge flat model is above the airfield.

If you can fix this, that would be realy great.  Smiley

Ells, interesting idea to get rid of the collision model. I will give it some tests.

EDIT:
I just remember. It must be possible somehow. I remember seeing the on the ramp, in their hangars. I wonder, if they spawn in those right away or if they spawned somewhere else and taxied into these hangars...  PSV, maybe some hint?  Wink
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:09:47 pm by Sawamura » Logged

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 11:06:27 pm »

I suppose you could offset the collision model as well and maybe that would work?
By using the default collision model, it would still think it's at the centre of the object, so a custom one offset may work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: