Virtual airshows
August 21, 2017, 09:46:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fact vs. fiction  (Read 7336 times)
Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« on: February 18, 2012, 02:31:32 am »

It's always easier to point a finger than finding the truth. Don't believe everything you hear. Get the facts straight before spreading false rumors as gospel.

When you ASSUME to know that which you know nothing of, you make an ASS out of U and ME. Wink

Thanks! That's all...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:50:37 am by Lawndart » Logged

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 10:59:18 am »

That's all?

Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 01:23:34 pm »

Golden words, LD.

Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 02:15:45 pm »

The heck is this about? Sounds pretty hostile?

Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 08:58:30 pm »

No no... not trying to be hostile. I've just had more than one conversation with random people recently when they tell me how we do things and then ask a follow up question under that assumption. When I then answer with: That's not correct, or not sure who told you that so I can't help you, because we've never done that - they get annoyed...

I was just getting tired of people in general taking their own assumptions as fact and making a fool out of themselves (and us) in the process.

Without getting into any details, it's similar to what I saw recently when a fan posted a comment saying that a certain person is really not doing what they say they're doing on a Facebook update. The person's other fans/friends replied saying "no [John] he actually is doing exactly what he said", and despite the majority of folks reading it there's always that guy who comebacks, AGAIN, and says something along the lines of: "No, I've seen it... You're wrong", and "I still think that's not how it is at all", or "Well, I saw this or heard that... so you're lying"... usually over something super silly or insignificant and even when said person replies himself the fan still won't listen, leaving everyone just scratching and shaking their heads. What's bothersome is that it's not always idiots either, but smart people being stubborn with blinders on! I wouldn't care if it was trolls or idiots, but that's not the case...

My comments here aren't aimed at anyone or anything in particular. Let's just say some people are very thick when it comes to opening their minds when they get the information they wanted first hand. The world is only as cynical as you make it for yourself sometimes......

This might hit home for some more than others here (and elsewhere), but I have no ill feelings or reason to hang anyone out in public.

Hopefully that clears it up for the rest of y'all. Sorry for such a random off topic.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:03:41 pm by Lawndart » Logged

Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 01:31:49 am »

Not random, just unnecessary dirty laundry, IMO. Thanks for explaining, anyway.

Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 07:45:02 am »

Not random, just unnecessary dirty laundry, IMO. Thanks for explaining, anyway.

Maybe so.

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 08:48:51 pm »

I hear you LD. I've given up posting stuff on our FB and forums.
I'm tired of justifying what we do and who said what and what it meant and someone else's interpretation and then of course the rivalry between teams which is all b*ll***s.

Keep your head up buddy as you know we all have mutual respect for each other and let the fans squable amongst themselves.
Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 09:33:50 pm »

...and who said what and what it meant and someone else's interpretation...

Yes Ells, that's exactly what I mean. When someone asks a question and after a few users try to steer them in the right direction you jump in and give them the answer (since it's you they're talking about) and the person comes back saying: "I think what he really meant is... [insert their explanation of the straight forward answer you just gave]". Roll Eyes

You just got the complete answer first hand from the source (you idiot), LOL! This happens a lot on YouTube, Facebook and places where people can post whatever they want saying things they'd never dream of saying to your face or if you knew their real name.

Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 07:36:41 pm »

Maybe this is a good time to apply a considerations of the person's intention. If they're trying to help someone too (albeit misguidedly) and that gets you all up in arms, you've probably got the wrong mindset. (It should at least bother you!) All too often I find that this is a great situation to turn yourself into a hypocrite... especially if you find out you were wrong! If your heart's in the right place, you just want that person to receive help... and it won't bother you that someone else is confused. It's not as if they're attacking you personally because they don't understand what's going on.

To say that they're "saying things they'd never dream of saying to your face" is pretty telling. Based on the way you've just described it they would, or should, have no such concern. Not to exacerbate the situation, but it sounds like you're the one with the bad attitude here. I've seen this same thing before too and been as frustrated as you are, no doubt, but I'd like to think I contained it enough to not make a thread on a community forum about it. It sounds pretty self-absorbed, especially if you're planning on taking the high ground as a "subject matter expert."

Sorry to make this take a personal turn, but someone's got to call you out if you're going to be the big dog. Wink
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 07:44:35 pm by Beaker » Logged

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 10:03:14 pm »

ah...yea....it's hard to be famous  Grin

Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 10:21:46 pm »

If they're trying to help someone too (albeit misguidedly) and that gets you all up in arms, you've probably got the wrong mindset. (It should at least bother you!)

I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

I'm not up in arms... I just find it ridiculous what some people presume to know, and the fact that people start acting like a children when they are informed, usually by other users/comments, that they're misguided.

Not to exacerbate the situation, but it sounds like you're the one with the bad attitude here.

Sorry to make this take a personal turn, but someone's got to call you out if you're going to be the big dog. Wink

Big dog barking?! What? Haha... you really don't know me too well Beaker. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:23:25 pm by Lawndart » Logged

Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 05:32:58 am »

Not well enough, not personally, no... but a whole thread devoted to bemoaning people who aren't on your level of knowledge is pretty loud, for the internet. Wink

I'll assume I was confused about your "target" and leave it at that!

VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 09:35:47 am »

This is why you delete stupid comments from people being a** hats on Facebook and YouTube "fan" pages.  You don't know what you don't know, especially in what we/the "real" guys do.

Big dog barking?! What? Haha... you really don't know me too well Beaker. Smiley

You're quite the enigmatic one LD.   Grin
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:41:20 am by VBARhino » Logged

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 08:13:02 pm »

Woof woof...
I'm gonna get your jets and bang their heads together soon Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: