Virtual airshows
December 18, 2017, 01:33:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VFAT-Logo  (Read 22098 times)
JaBoG32_Laud
Is airborne

« on: September 13, 2007, 10:32:26 pm »

I talked to Chrissi and heard we can't integrate a banner into this version of phpbb3.0.X. The only thing we can change is the small loo on the left top side (where actually "phpBB creating communities" is written). This means we need a transparent logo with a size of 139x52pixels. As we actually only have this blue faded colour-scheme the logo-design should be leant on this. I hope for next years VFAT we got the final version of phpBB3 with more options in the design.

... flying a Flanker and even gettin' paid for it...
Soviet
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 11:33:20 pm »

Salute, been looking through the forum. I think the logo section can be expanded on phpbb. Has the owner of the forum tested it? If not, could I get access into the forum data to see if this is possible? I can make a logo of that size in the above, but just wanted to confirm the logo size. I have worked on a couple of phpbb forums myself but older versions. All had banners of different sizes. Example is the 159th forum working under phpbb.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 11:36:05 pm by Soviet » Logged
Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 11:33:55 pm »

I wish someone would have said in the first place that it was meant for a forum banner.... Oh well...

I thought it was for web use, top banner on a VFAT page and/or meida (streaming site)?

Cinch had a banner in the works with some high resolution graphics (high enough for print quality   ~3000 x 2000), but it will definitely be too cluttered in a little corner.

Soviet
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:52:34 pm »

Here is an example of what I meant on the version 2.

Soviet
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 01:47:27 am »

A version of the logo is ready, if you need changes or something to add, please tell me. I am sending it to you via pm. The one I made is for larger size just incase the logo's can be adjusted. If not then I will improvise for the smaller one. I have also done as you have said, made it colour match with your forum.

P.s It will need re-ajustment, if you are satisfied with it, then I will send you an adjusted image that is if this forum can take larger images which I have a thought it can.
RED10|Ells
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 01:28:06 pm »

Ah yeah LD, I thought it was for a web page or streaming session too.

I'll have a play around for a forum banner.
JaBoG32_Laud
Is airborne

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 07:56:24 pm »

We need both!

But a Logo/Banner could be used on all instances. Good recognition! Of course there can be high/low-vis versions and all other forms of graphic styles. Just show what you guys got and we'll see what we use what for.

@Soviet: We use phpBB2 for our squadron forum and use a larger banner there too, but so far this release candidate of phpBB3 doesn't seem to feature this option so far. We'll have a look on that!

Soviet
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 09:11:55 pm »

Quote from: "JaBoG32_Laud"
We need both!

But a Logo/Banner could be used on all instances. Good recognition! Of course there can be high/low-vis versions and all other forms of graphic styles. Just show what you guys got and we'll see what we use what for.

@Soviet: We use phpBB2 for our squadron forum and use a larger banner there too, but so far this release candidate of phpBB3 doesn't seem to feature this option so far. We'll have a look on that!

Any thoughts on the logo's I sent to you via private message or you have other plans...?
JaBoG32_Laud
Is airborne

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 10:27:33 pm »

Sorry Soviet, busy as hell atm. I'll give you feedback as fast as possible.

Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 07:50:44 am »

I know Cinch has a large banner he was working on... Will ask him how it's coming along soon!

JaBoG32_Laud
Is airborne

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 08:02:24 pm »

Thx to those who submitted a layout draft via PM to me!

I'd like you to submit it into this thread so that all the others can make suggestions about i.e. improvements, changes.

Storm.i
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 04:13:00 pm »

Sure thing:

small (bit too small but, well, can't help it):

the big one (bit big :))
http://http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vfatlogo3bigpngfl7.png
(Tekst = white because it is based on a blue background)
JaBoG32_Laud
Is airborne

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 05:33:36 pm »

How about changing the hearts with some delta-wing profiles?

Storm.i
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 09:08:42 pm »

everything is possible but I wanted to make something that has to do with formation flying, but not have any sort of plane in it, because of the different teams and thus different planes. No one should have it's trademark in, and I found the hearts a nice symbol for the delta.

In the end it's up to you of course, but this is why i picked hearts.
Tailhook
Cameraman
Could find the throttle

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 10:00:01 pm »

;)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: