Virtual airshows
June 27, 2017, 09:05:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blurriness on the stream  (Read 3793 times)
Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« on: November 28, 2012, 01:28:28 pm »

For a couple of days now, i noticed some blurriness(see replay) on the stream of Wine(streaming the Virtual Turkish Stars, VRNLAF F-16 & Apache and the VAT "Berkuts" Mig-29 Solo). We investigated this issue and found out, that first of all, the FPS are never more than 20, once he starts to stream(when the stream is off, he has 60 fps and more).

The specs of Wine's system:

I7 Core 3,2Ghz
540 Nvidea
5 GB Ram
Windows XP 32 bit

All settings in procaster and Lock On are the same as posted, here(VFAT Procaster settings).
Is this a known issue?

I hope someone can help us out.  Smiley

storm363
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 03:43:05 pm »

5 gigs of ram on a 32bit system? Why?
only 3gb are used...

seems like the resolution on f16/apache video is less than in other videos
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 03:52:22 pm by storm363 » Logged

Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 05:36:39 pm »

seems like the resolution on f16/apache video is less than in other videos

Yea, we can confirm, that the resolution changed to a smaller value, when switching livestream channels. We only noticed it, when we watched the repaly.

storm363
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 08:04:46 pm »

hmmm...
maybe Wine's upload speed is low and livestream procaster is lowering the quality.. or something like that))

Tailhook
Cameraman
Could find the throttle

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 01:53:05 am »

Is this a laptop or desktop were talking about? And is Wine using the latest version of Procaster (v20.3.0)?

Procaster v20.3.0 uses a higher video bitrate which could help. Also from watching the stream it looks like the pixelation starts happening when trying to render the ground (FPS hit). I would try turning on Control game FPS to 35 so that it doesn't drop below that.

Wine69
Designer
Is airborne

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 01:21:01 am »

Hi guys, thanks for your reply.

My upload speed is good enough, I have the highest ( down and ) upload speed supply by my internet provider.

I'm streaming from my desktop and indeed use the latest Procaster version ( 20.3.0 ) and use the Control Game 35 fps setting in Procaster.
The stupid thing ... is that I have ( when set max 25 fps in the Graphics.cfg file ) LockOn runs on 25 fps, but when Procaster is activated, the game fps drops to +/- 15 fps immediately.
Only when watching the aircraft(s) against the blue sky, the fps is raised to +/- 18 fps.
When I stop running Procaster, the fps immediately goes back to 25 fps in LockOn.
When not using a max fps setting in the Graphics.cfg file LockOn runs almost the same fps in the same conditions, but when Procaster is running the fps drop even further when the ground is visible ( +/- 12 fps )

But I already got a better picture while testing a track with a different setting ( Optimized gaming mode 696 Kbps) instead of the custom quality at 446 Kbps.
Here you can watch the Mig29 Test track with the new setting: BR Mig29UB Test Track

If you have more suggestions, please write !

Grab
VFAT Staff
Could find the throttle

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 03:27:51 am »

You're going to want to set your max FPS higher than 35... 35 is pretty terrible, I suggest about 60.  

You will always take an FPS hit when streaming with livestream, it is a very intense CPU process and so is DCS because it's core engine is 10 years old.

The bit-rate at which you stream is what is going to determine your stream quality.  Kbps is kilobytes per second or, how much data you are sending to the stream every second, the higher that number the higher quality the stream will be.  The inverse of that of course is, the more data you send the harder your computer has to work which means you will take a performance hit.  The trick is finding the perfect balance between visual quality and performance.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 03:29:22 am by Grab » Logged

Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 03:52:11 am »

You're going to want to set your max FPS higher than 35... 35 is pretty terrible, I suggest about 60.

Remember the stream is never going to see 60 fps.

Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 07:21:42 pm »

Kbps is kilobytes per second or, how much data you are sending to the stream every second, the higher that number the higher quality the stream will be.

Don't know if stil true but for a free channel the speed limit is 500 Kbps. This is why for the previous editions we've asked to custom set procaster to not exceeed that value in order to avoid dropping frames.

Wine69
Designer
Is airborne

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 05:53:52 pm »

Thx guys,

I will run some more tests.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: