Virtual airshows
October 20, 2017, 02:23:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airshow Camera Shake V2.0  (Read 6312 times)
Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« on: December 05, 2012, 01:09:56 am »

For those, who already used the Airshow Camera Shake in the past and for all, who want to give it a try, the new version is out!
Special thanks to Aero(Virtual Blue Impulse) for helping me out improving this to a new level.

Q: What is the 'Airshow Camera Shake'?
A: The 'Airshow Camera Shake' is a camera jiggling script to add camera realism for virtual liveshows in Lock On. This script prevents the very static -dead center- view of the camera when having an aircraft locked. The shake produces some left, right, up and down movements.

Q:What has been improved since the first version?
The main update is the additional shake, which is more random and rockier. This adds a good touch to the already existing Camera Shake.

Q: How can i install and use this camera shake?
To be able to use this shake, you must change some lines in the view.lua(...\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\Config\View). Download the package from below, copy and paste the script into the view.lua (More detailed description included in the package!). After install, fire up your Lock On. Go to your camera ground camera position in F11 and lock an aircraft by pressing numperiod (the "." on your numpad). Then activate the camera shake with Shift+J (default button to activate the camera jiggle).

To download the Airshow Camera Shake V2 package, click here

Q: I have an old track, I want to watch the track with this camera jiggle.
A: To watch a track, where the Airshow Camera Shake is not intigrated, you must open the .trk file (recommended to use winrar), open the view.lua and replace the code. A more detailed subscripetion can be found in the readme included in the package.

Q: When the jiggle is activated and I have the default zoom, i can barly see the movments. Why?
A: The zoom is always intigrated in the mathematical formular. The more zoom, the more movement will be visible (like in reality).

Q: When I lock the aircraft, the camera shaking is working properly. What happens if I unlock the aircraft and leave the camera jiggle on?
A: When you unlock the aircraft and leave the camera jiggle on, the movment will be around 10 times higher. To prevent that, i recommend to first deactivate the jiggle, unlock the aircraft, lock another aircraft and activate the camera jiggle again. By changing the keyboard buttons, as example to the mouse, you can make the whole process in a blink of an eye. Also, the shake will automatically be deactivated when you unlock the aircraft and move the view yourself. When you stop to move the view, the shake automaticly starts again.

Q: Is this Airshow Camera Shake compatible with Flaming Cliffs 1?
A: Yes. As in Lock On:Flaming Cliffs 2, the Floating and Jiggeling function works the same in Lock On:Flaming Cliffs 1 and DCS World.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:35:23 am by Sawamura » Logged

Grab
VFAT Staff
Could find the throttle

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 01:29:37 am »

Great job! Thanks!

Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 12:51:32 pm »

Awesome job! Looks so much better. Smiley

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 06:18:27 pm »

Awesome guys!!!
David
Was able to find the engine start button

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 12:20:06 am »

Sweet!! Cheers guys!  Wink

Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 02:51:44 pm »

Yep.

Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 02:57:30 am »

For a corret working camera shake without any paning on the ground, make sure to have all floating numbers to 0.

function CameraFloat(t)
      local dX, dY, dZ
      dX = 0
      dY = 0
      dZ = 0
      return dX, dY, dZ
end

Robin Hood

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 03:05:34 am »

For a corret working camera shake without any paning on the ground, make sure to have all floating numbers to 0.

function CameraFloat(t)
      local dX, dY, dZ
      dX = 0
      dY = 0
      dZ = 0
      return dX, dY, dZ
end

Do you mean that these floating numbers will make the camera move on the ground? (if so, could that be what the Berkuts used today for these cool camera effects?)

Fastest VFAT Air Race pilot, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Grin
Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 11:07:31 am »

function CameraFloat(t)
      local dX, dY, dZ
      dX = 0
      dY = 0
      dZ = 0
      return dX, dY, dZ
end

Do you mean that these floating numbers will make the camera move on the ground? (if so, could that be what the Berkuts used today for these cool camera effects?)
Negative, what Sevas from the Berkuts used is some (never done before) external coding to achieve that (don't ask how exactly  Grin)

Robin Hood

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 03:55:33 pm »

Nice to see that new and crazy things are still being discovered/developped!

Fastest VFAT Air Race pilot, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: