Virtual airshows
June 27, 2017, 05:28:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VFAT on a aero magazine in Brazil  (Read 2503 times)
Neves_EDAV
Just able to find the joystick

« on: January 07, 2013, 01:18:36 am »

Hey guys, just about now I found out that one magazine specialized in aviation published a review about the VFAT.
I got the virtual version of the pages for you.
I'll try to translante the review in the best way I can do, my english is not that good, so be patience with me! hehe

"Page 7.

Tittle:
VFAT - The biggest virtual air show in the world.

Around the world there are several aeronautic events, some are civilians and are performed in local airports or small airfields and others are military and performed in military airbases. But, have you heard about of a virtual air show?

The VFAT, Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams, a annual festival that put together several virtual squadrons, when aeronautic enthusiasts and real pilots put aside their jobs and cockpits and get together in front of their computers to fly virtually. Recently the AeroLatina made a review with the EDAV, the Virtual Brazilian Smoke Squadron from Brazil that after spent all 2012 training hard, made their first appearance in this huge event and sure they represent Brazil well. Thousands of people attended the event which lasted three days and was a real success. The event uses a fantastic technology to transmission live images to the world. Let's know more about the VFAT!!!

O oque é VFAT? (in bold white letters) = What is VFAT?

The Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams is an virtual aeronautic event that have been held annually for more than 8 years, and gathers virtual and real pilots worldwide. During three days, several virtual squadrons and solo displays have made their demos using two different simulator platforms: The Lock On and IL-2 considered by many the best simulator to fly formations. (VBA I'm going to ask the editor of the magazine to add the DCS to this line of the review).

The pilots use this simulator to reproduce the real squadrons display, such as: Frecce Tricolori, Thunderbirds, Blue Angels, Patrouille de France, Red Arrows, Russian Knights and of course our Smoke Squadron and many more around the world. Some teams creates their own display without have a real team as mirror and inspiration.

The VFAT is basically a huge virtual air show where large group of teams uses to present and show... (continue in the page 8 )

Page 8.
the potential of each team, and since 2007 spectors can watch live the event via the "internet streaming technology", a modern system of image transmition like a virtual TV broadcaster that recreates the images live directly to computers all around the world.

Take a look in some pics from the squadrons:"

Well that's it, hope you guys like it as much as we did!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:32:59 am by Neves_EDAV » Logged

Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 01:25:04 am »

Thank you for sharing this. Great stuff. We could use more of that. Cheesy

Grab
VFAT Staff
Could find the throttle

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:19:18 am »