Virtual airshows
December 11, 2017, 09:25:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which simulator(s) are used?  (Read 3118 times)
Darkthreader
Just able to find the joystick

« on: October 25, 2014, 12:36:13 pm »

Hello!
I am new to VFAT and looking forward to this years airshow. I saw some videos from the last airshows, and joining a aerobatics group sounds like fun. But, which simualtors are used? I read that for VFAT you mainly use DCS Flaming Cliffs, but are there some FSX groups too? I don't own DCS Flaming Cliffs, but I do own FSX and know how to use it (more or less... :/).
Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 01:23:13 pm »

The most used simulator this year is DCS. Second most is Flaming Cliffs 2.
In the past, we had a couple of FSX teams joining VFAT that flew interesting demos.
DCS World itself is for free, you can download(here) and try out with the Su-25 that is included. Flaming Cliffs 3 isn't so expensive anymore and covers a bunch interesting jets as the F-15, Su-27, Mig-29 and more. If this simulator is in your liking you can join one of the many teams in DCS.

How it is in the FSX scene, I don't know.

Darkthreader

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 02:21:07 pm »

The most used simulator this year is DCS. Second most is Flaming Cliffs 2.
In the past, we had a couple of FSX teams joining VFAT that flew interesting demos.
DCS World itself is for free, you can download(here) and try out with the Su-25 that is included. Flaming Cliffs 3 isn't so expensive anymore and covers a bunch interesting jets as the F-15, Su-27, Mig-29 and more. If this simulator is in your liking you can join one of the many teams in DCS.

How it is in the FSX scene, I don't know.
Thanks for the reply! Smiley I do own DCS World and use it from time to time, but unfortunately I do not own Flaming Cliffs, as I prefer in-depth simultion (although I suck at properly flying the Su-25). I do not own any other modules yet (my country's age restriction organisation marked them as 16+... Tongue)... How does the implemantation of FSX into DCS/Il-2 work? Anyways, thanks for the reply.
Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 02:34:13 pm »

How does the implemantation of FSX into DCS/Il-2 work?

Sorry, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Darkthreader

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 03:27:25 pm »

Well, you stated that there are some FSX teams performing at VFAT, but most teams are using IL-2 and DCS/DCS-FC, so how do the FSX teams perform at VFAT when most teams are using DCS or Il-2 as a simulator?
VH-Rock
VFAT Staff
Could find the throttle

Virtual Horsemen Flight Lead

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 05:16:12 pm »

Well, you stated that there are some FSX teams performing at VFAT, but most teams are using IL-2 and DCS/DCS-FC, so how do the FSX teams perform at VFAT when most teams are using DCS or Il-2 as a simulator?

All shows are livestreamed using livestream.com.  As long as the participant has a camera man capable of streaming their show, the simulator is irrelevant. None of the audience require a simulator to watch the shows, they just have go to the url of the livestream and press play, just like watching a video on YouTube.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:25:48 pm by VH-Rock » Logged

Darkthreader

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 08:42:37 pm »

All shows are livestreamed using livestream.com.  As long as the participant has a camera man capable of streaming their show, the simulator is irrelevant. None of the audience require a simulator to watch the shows, they just have go to the url of the livestream and press play, just like watching a video on YouTube.

Oh, okay. So the show just switches between the cameras and the simulators?
VH-Rock
VFAT Staff
Could find the throttle

Virtual Horsemen Flight Lead

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 11:16:20 pm »

Here's a brief description of the process:

Participating teams hosts a game server
Pilot joins the server
Camera man joins the server
The camera man positions his camera on the airfield and connects to the streaming software.
The pilot flies his show as the camera watches, filming the show as if he was filming a real display.
Whatever is on the cameraman's screen is uploaded through the streaming software and broadcast onto the selected channel.
The audience watch the show on a website (For vfat, the website will be http://www.livestream.com/virtualairshows)
Once the pilot has finished the show, the camera man stops broadcasting.

The next team will repeat this process, broadcasting to the same channel.

Darkthreader

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 12:11:08 am »

Here's a brief description of the process:

Participating teams hosts a game server
Pilot joins the server
Camera man joins the server
The camera man positions his camera on the airfield and connects to the streaming software.
The pilot flies his show as the camera watches, filming the show as if he was filming a real display.
Whatever is on the cameraman's screen is uploaded through the streaming software and broadcast onto the selected channel.
The audience watch the show on a website (For vfat, the website will be http://www.livestream.com/virtualairshows)
Once the pilot has finished the show, the camera man stops broadcasting.

The next team will repeat this process, broadcasting to the same channel.

Okay, thanks for all the replies!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: