Virtual airshows
August 19, 2017, 06:53:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VFAT 2007 Date  (Read 13227 times)
Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 12:20:24 am »

If there is still talk about which dates (?) (whomever opened up this can of worms ;)), the Virtual Thunderbirds prefer the Nov 30 & Dec 1/2. This seems to work out a lot better for most our team members own schedules (incl. my own). We're already signed up for VFAT regardless, but if the dates are still up for debate that's our team's preference!

IDK if this topic is still "alive", but many of us need to know by the end of the first week in Oct which dates apply for sure. I have to bid my schedule around several events in November (not only VFAT)and figure out (how many times I have to call in sick) if I'm able to do it all... (same goes for many of my colleagues). Maybe start a poll in the organizers forum and vote on it? ...or leave it as is right now. Either way I need to know within roughly one week from now.

@Frazer, who were the teams not able to do the Nov sched?

Sorry, if this topic is already resolved... I'm just posting our wishes if there still is a choice!

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 02:48:27 am »

We are still looking at the possibilities and we will come with a final decision as quickly as possible.
All the signed up teams will be contacted privately (except the teams who already gave a go).
If 25% gives a no go, the date will stay as it is now.

JaBoG32_Laud
Is airborne

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 07:09:30 pm »

Till now I heard from nobody that he wants to go to the Dogfight Championships...

Is there really  prob with that date or do we just think there "could" be one?

... flying a Flanker and even gettin' paid for it...
Kato VBA#4
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 01:28:06 am »

Quote from: "JaBoG32_Laud"
Till now I heard from nobody that he wants to go to the Dogfight Championships...

Is there really  prob with that date or do we just think there "could" be one?

Good question - why do we care when the dogfight championships are anyway? There will only be limited space in the VFAT servers anyway as discussed in another thread, so if anyone desperately wanted to see the dogfighting, they could watch that live, then download the VFAT tracks and see both.

I don't think we should change the date based on the dogfight championship - maybe the dogfight people should change their date cos it's VFAT  :D
Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 01:35:27 am »

Well, It looks like a change in date is not going to work for this years VFAT. It brought some unintended confusion.
Excuses for the inconvenience!

The dates will stay as they are:
[color=#0000FF:e7aa0]Rehearsal - November 09/10/(11), 2007
The Show - November 16/17/18, 2007[/color:e7aa0]

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 01:50:38 am »

[quote:3abb5]Good question - why do we care when the dogfight championships are anyway? There will only be limited space in the VFAT servers anyway as discussed in another thread, so if anyone desperately wanted to see the dogfighting, they could watch that live, then download the VFAT tracks and see both.

I don't think we should change the date based on the dogfight championship - maybe the dogfight people should change their date cos it's VFAT[/quote]

I think we would do good by changing the date next year. The European Cub draws quite some attention away from VFAT. I heared from people flying in fighting squadrons that they regret that VFAT is at the same date. And ofcourse, the people going there would have no time to watch VFAT at all.
Changing the date of an online event is easier as changing a big lanparty and all its organization around it.
Ok, lets just keep this in mind for next years VFAT.

Tailhook
Cameraman
Could find the throttle

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 02:05:46 am »

Hey uhh, since we know the official date.....um whats the official events kickoff time? :mrgreen:

ITS GAME TIME! :D

Tailhook
Cameraman
Could find the throttle

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 01:54:41 am »

nobody going to respond to my previous post?

VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 02:12:03 am »

Quote from: "Viper"
nobody going to respond to my previous post?

Viper, they are busy working on it.  Patience is a virtue my friend.

Tailhook
Cameraman
Could find the throttle

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 02:28:29 am »

To go along with the Time request. We will need to come up with a list of who and which teams will be flying for all 3 days. If I am correct, are just the VTB's flying Friday and the main sha-bang will be Sat&Sun?

I was thinking on Saturday, all the American teams/solos fly and on Sunday, all the foreign/out of USA teams/solos fly?

@Rhino- hehe, well [i:d7d79]"Time"[/i:d7d79] is going fast with a big event approaching. ;) Some people need to give heads up information to VFA-31 so they can spectate. :mrgreen:

Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 08:51:18 pm »

More info will come as soon as some of the more pressing issues are resolved I'm sure. Everyone is in the same boat here, some of us need to find out due to real life plans too, but just be prepared to be flexible and once the organizers get to scheduling on their "To-Do" list, expect each team's contact person to be approached to figure out the event schedule.

Btw, the VTB are [i:1ec1e]planning[/i:1ec1e] on flying shows Fri % Sat, Sun is iffy.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: