Virtual airshows
June 27, 2017, 05:29:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few words for everyone  (Read 5861 times)
Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« on: December 15, 2008, 06:25:55 pm »

I would like to take the opportunity to say how much I loved this year's edition. Once again it was not an easy task, once again we spent a lot of time to get everything running smoothly, once again a lot of things went wrong, but once again it was a hell good event.

I will get back to you guys with some figures showing the success of this year but first things first, let me say "Thank You" to the following people:

- The Jabog guys: You guys were there with your servers, always available, even if some time we missed the tower... Hellooooo ?  Thanks Laud, Chrissi, Woodstock for your support and the whole team for letting us use your LO and TS servers, it ran perfectly.
You are the team that launched this event and it is becoming bigger and bigger, many thanks for that.

- The camera gang: Yes guys, ladies first.

Panther, you brought the level to a hell good one with your work on the VTB display.  I never saw such a good camera work, it was just Fantastic to watch (Women touch ?). We all have to learn how you did that because it was really a good job, I cannot imagine the number of hours you trained for that. how is this quad core running now ?! :-)

Thanks to Mad, who, despite the fact that he only do the camera work for the Patrouille Suisse Virtuelle, accepted to support us in that job for the 2 week-ends of the VFAT. Well done Mad, really appreciated your work, it helped us a lot. Where is this checklist by the way ?

Kerdou, he spontaneously accepted the duty and he did a hell good job in different areas, full of resources and bright ideas, keen to help others when needed, sometimes at the last minute, thanks for the job. You were able to enjoy the big, big mass flight by being the one that was in the front of the 1,2,3... hum... not able to count the number of aircraft here but I remember my FPS dropping down while doing the camera work.... So I guess we had a lot of people connected.

What would we do without Rhino, the one that was able to drive the organized Mass flight for a loop, barrel roll, the one that streamed the teams based on the other side of the ocean. You took the task seriously and your help was without limit during the show.  Many thanks for that and next year I will make sure you get what every team can expect from the streaming.

Burner was the unlucky guy that would have loved to stream a few times but without success. I really hope you will be able to help the VBA next year with perhaps a brand new PC for Christmas :-)

Asakaru, a new comer in the cameraman team. We did not speak a lot :-) thanks to the people who translated from english to Japanese,  we appreciated your work on the Katana display.  It was a really nice show for your first participation to the VFAT. It worked right away without any glitch, many thanks for your support from Japan. "aligatou gozaimasu"

Flav was the one that streamed perfectly his friends from the Breitling Bravo team and that would have loved to do the same for the Alphajet solo display but due to professional reason, he was not able to.
Many thanks for your job.

- The website people:

Cinch, for the Logo we used this year. A busy guy that is difficult to catch, just ask Lawndart about that ;-)

Flaps, the website guy, that helped me to setup the site for the second year now. A talented buddy that should not work in IT but marketing or design. He made the banner, the poster, he loves to play with the website modules, and of course with the picture gallery that will be filled up in the coming days, weeks. He is also the one that re-encoded, or is still in the process to do that, the displays that the cameramans gave when the show was over.

- The connecting pilot:

Lawndart, that loves to put some rules out like the Aces for the VFAT, I did not check if all the rules were followed, but I'm pretty sure that we have here something that we will use in the coming years.

- The glue boy:

Frazer, the one that makes everything working together, the guy that is jamming the ventrilo of the US based teams, that thinks he is transmitting on ventrilo but that is actually doing it on teamspeak flooding the jabog channels. The one, that lands his helicopter or tries to and kill is brand new machine in a dramatic staging, the one without which the VFAT would not be the VFAT, the one that stays calm even if the situation is dramatic. He is always coming with last minute ideas to implement on the website and we try hard to implement them. Many thanks for your time and dedication for the VFAT, it's a real pleasure to work with you on that organization.

- The teams:

This year we had a lot of teams and solo's, the level is increasing each year and some newcomers are really good. This Festival could not exist without you and your displays. If we would have to count the number of hours you guys are working to get your show ready I guess I would get a headache.
Thanks for your dedication and teamwork.

The time to get some rest is coming in the next couple of days for the Christmas and New Year break.
I know that in some countries this is a bit different, so don't take it wrong, I have a big respect to all the cultures and beliefs.

That said, I would like to take the opportunity to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year anywhere in the world.

"VFAT 2008, wind calm, runway 36 clear to land. VFAT 2009, behind the landing traffic a VFAT 2008, line up and wait behind."

Manu
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 06:34:28 pm by psv_manu » Logged

VireVolte_Flav
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 06:35:22 pm »

wahou!!!  this thread is  very good picture like VFAT2008!!

well, MANY THX TO YOU!!!!! Manu!!!

we dreams VFAT, VFAT team does it!!!!

it's beautifull to see a wolrd playing!!!!!!!!! Wink

PS : sorry again for my english language....... Grin Grin Grin
kerdougan
was able to line up

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 06:43:55 pm »

Thanks so much for everything you've done and for everything you keep doing now that VFAT 2008 is (Cry) over. Thanks so much too for you kindness, professionalism, energy, skills in so many areas, friendship, dedication, enthusiams and I'll stop there because the list is too long.

However, you forgot to mention an ESSENTIAL person in your message: YOU MANU! Without you there wouldn't be any streaming, the website wouldn't be that perfect, the PSV wouldn't be what it is and the VFAT wouldn't be what it is too. You're a model to us all, pilots and organizers.

I was very lucky to be the mass flight leader, it wasn't prepared at all and I loved that moment. However I don't think I deserved it. That's why I propose a new rule for the coming Mass Flights. It will be leaded by one of the the major organizers, as a strong symbol and a reward for all the efforts! Next year, I'd be delighted to see Manu or Frazer leading because we all depend on them for this show. I'm sure everyone woulmd agree with that rule, and I hope it will even become a tradition.

THANK YOU SO MUCH MANU AND THANK YOU ALL!!!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 06:48:15 pm by kerdougan » Logged

Sawamura
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 06:45:00 pm »

Kinda missing my words here...  Smiley

Thank you for everything, Manu and the staff team. This was my first participation on vfat and i enjoyed to watch every show(in total, i watched 27 hours vfat, on the vfat weekend) and to take part in this event.  VFAT connects the whole lock on virtual air demo world. Im official a realy big VFAT FAN! I will for sure register for next year to take part in one of the biggest virtual airshow events in the world.  Cool
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 06:47:23 pm by Sawamura » Logged

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 06:45:53 pm »

Thank you for your post Manu!

Had a great time, it almost killed me......I LOVE IT Cheesy

Thanks to everyone, what we have here is indescribable.

Every year it is beyond my believes.

*STUNNED*

Next year......VFAT2009.......BIGGER.......Better.......and......TOTAL AWESOMENESS ALERT!

VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 07:02:45 pm »

Manu, like I said many times, yourself and Interoute are the main reason this event has gotten so big and popular.  Without you, this would not have happened, and VFAT 2009 (5th Anniversary BTW) will be bigger and even better. 

Thanks to all who flew and helped out with this event.  Already looking forward to next year!

Lean
Was able to find the engine start button

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 07:43:35 pm »

Thanks guys for make this possible!

VFAT IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Nacido para volar

Ice
Just able to find the joystick

Been there, done that ......

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 01:03:05 am »

As the new guy on the block I have really enjoyed the last few days.
It stared out 3 years ago with the screenshot gallery. Wow, amazing shots they where. And now, 2008, streaming video.
A perfect tool to reach out to the world. A computer, an internet connection and your inside a totally different world.

I was one of the guy's just sitting behind his 1920x1200, full mod video stream jaw dropping on all that was shown to me.
Wow. What perfection, skill, teamwork. I thought I knew what virtual flying was all about. Well I was dead wrong.
There's much more to be hold by the skilled.

And all that where part of the VFAT experience have my respect. The teams, the crew, the community. This is what it's all about.

My deepest respect to the VFAT team. It looks so easy on this side of the screen.
Nice website, good info, forum, live chat window, TS server, streaming video.
The more a grade of the success, experience, stamina, knowledge and perseverance of the VFAT team.

I better stop here …….  Cry

Thank you all for the wonderful experience. I will be planning some holiday during VFAT2009. Bring it on.
 Cool

I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ I was there ++++++++ VFAT2008 ++++++++ Grin

Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 06:23:54 am »

Had a great time, it almost killed me......I LOVE IT Cheesy

I laughed so hard when I read this. I completely understand what you are talking about.

I had to go back to work today, and actually flew more than 8 hours IRL. I've been awake for 21 hours straight and have still not slept more than 3 hours per night since last Tuesday (including last night before work). Was it worth it? - I've never been more wiped, drained, tired, beat up... but two words: HELL YEAH!!!! Grin

I've already said my thanks in another thread, so I won't repeat it all, but I'd second everything and everyone mentioned who in some small or big way helped put together VFAT. It's a full-time job to make it happen, as much as the training is for those flying. A HUGE THANK YOU TO THE SPONSORS - INTEROUTE - AND TO EVERYONE ON THE STAFF!!! Especially Manu and Frazer, but also to everyone else of course who were assigned specific tasks. Kudos, thanks and good evening... I'm finally going to sleep a full night, (I'm only -34 hours behind on sleep this past week)... LOL! Cheesy

Firstdate
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 10:42:02 am »

THX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What else ? AH Yeah ! THX VERY MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: