Virtual airshows
August 21, 2017, 09:46:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Flight  (Read 19293 times)
VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« on: October 31, 2007, 05:27:32 am »

Talked to Laud and Frazer about this, and it seems like a good idea.  Instead of everyone's uber-big 6 plane formations forming up at the same time, I was thinking of a group flight-1 plane from each team, to spell a 3 (for the 3rd anniversary of VFAT) in the sky roaring over the airfield.  It would require 10 aircraft the way I have it drawn out.  If you can post here if you will be willing to participate or one of your members will participate (preferably someone who is good at flying line abreast on the RIGHT wing), I can start putting together a graph and plans for how to put it together while in the air.  Would likely do this on either Saturday or Sunday at the end of the show.  (Or both?)

Tailhook
Cameraman
Could find the throttle

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 05:45:39 am »

Quote from: "VBARhino"
(preferably someone who is good at flying line abreast on the RIGHT wing), I can start putting together a graph and plans for how to put it together while in the air.  Would likely do this on either Saturday or Sunday at the end of the show.  (Or both?)

heh, thats right up my alley :D. Guess you can expect a tomcat in it because I'm in. And I would probably have it for Sunday.

RED10|Ells
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 06:42:13 pm »

Reds are in  :D
Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 09:56:50 am »

PSV is in as well.  :mrgreen:

Saturday and/or sunday is fine for us

=RAF=FlyStorm
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 10:03:30 am »

Swifts ready to  :)
Stryker
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 02:26:26 pm »

I was thinking of a group flight-1 plane from each team, to spell a 3 (for the 3rd anniversary of VFAT) in the sky roaring over the airfield.  

Very cool idea Rhino. Good luck putting it together. Looking foward to seeing the end result from the spectator view. Isn't there a video out there of a group of P51's forming up as the number 51?
VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 06:22:20 pm »

Quote from: "Stryker"
I was thinking of a group flight-1 plane from each team, to spell a 3 (for the 3rd anniversary of VFAT) in the sky roaring over the airfield.  

Very cool idea Rhino. Good luck putting it together. Looking foward to seeing the end result from the spectator view. Isn't there a video out there of a group of P51's forming up as the number 51?

Yes there is, and I was one of the ones who filmed it!  How ironic is that that you bring it up!
http://www.airshowbuzz.com/videos/view.php?v=8cb83f67

Stryker
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 07:05:25 pm »

Oops...now that is a coincidence. Thanks to my selective memory (or is that fragmented due to my age), I remembered seeing it but couldn't remember where, let alone posted by who.  :oops:
Cygan
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 11:37:42 am »

Great idea ,but we could't fly with You  :( ..... unfortunately our right wing member will be absent  during the show .Right now we don't have pilot with right wing experience.
Tailhook
Cameraman
Could find the throttle

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 05:33:55 pm »

Quote from: "Cygan"
Great idea ,but we could't fly with You  :( ..... unfortunately our right wing member will be absent  during the show .Right now we don't have pilot with right wing experience.

That aint good. :roll:

Cygan
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 04:09:30 pm »

If there will be option flight on the left wing .... i will fly with a plesure  :)
VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 04:36:29 pm »

Cygan, you can be one of the people in trail/slot.  I was saving those positions for the least qualified pilots, but I'll take what we can get now.  Right now I only count 8 teams participating.  We need 10 AC to make this look correct.  If a couple of our solo pilots performing could step up we can make this work.

Teams that have said they will participate-

Virtual Blue Angels-Rhino
Virtual Red Arrows-Beaster
Patrouille Swiss - Pilot?
VVFA 31 - Pilot?
Swifts - Pilot?
APA Squadron - Cygan
Ukrainian Falcons - MadMax
Nuts/White Ravens - Frazer

Sniper
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 06:46:37 pm »

I hope its not too late but i had an idea to go with the 3 formation. I was thinking because thers gonna be 10 pilots after the formation the formation splits up into pairs. One behind the other like this.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _above.jpg
Pilot 2(rear) will be the smoke provider and Pilot1(front)will be the eyes and ears to help Pilot2.

Sorry for the crap pic i did it with paint. Anyway flight C,D and E will fly in straight horizantal lines to form part of the 3. P.S. ive used different couloured somoke and planes to show their flight path. Flight A and B will crossover to form the rest of the 3. The smoke will need to stop almost simultaneously after the smoke has stopped pilot1 will perform an aileron roll dropping a set of flares about every 90 degrees.
Here are some negatives:
*Not all teams use the same smoke coulour.
*Not all teams will have smoke pods on the fuselage.
*Not all teams will have enought flares left.
I dont know whether ive explained this properly so tell me if i need to go over anything. For those who did understand me tell me what you think.
Thanks,
VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 07:02:50 pm »

Seems like a good idea, but I have the plans on how we are going to do this already drawn up.  Basically, we will take off in 2 ships of 4 and one ship of 2.  The two 4 ships will form up into an "F", and then the last 2 will form up the bottom of the 3.  It will look backwards looking top down, because its supposed to look like a 3 from the ground.  I have some more in depth plans drawn up, but will release them when I figure out where people are supposed to be..if there are A-10 or Su-25s participating, they will likely be at the front.

Sniper
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 07:12:16 pm »

Good idea, mine is different cos it isnt a ship formation :) The smoke left behind is meant to be the numeber 3...kinda :D . Well its up to you i just thought itd be a cool idea to the 3 aerobatic formation thats all.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: