Virtual airshows
October 24, 2017, 02:35:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VFAT Camera men applications  (Read 19563 times)
Luse
Cameraman
Was able to find the engine start button

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 09:56:20 pm »

yo.

Racer
Cameraman
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2009, 01:38:24 pm »

Hey Frazer and Manu,

I just wanted to let you guys know that I will be doing the cameraman work for the VBA at the VFAT 09.
Should be a darn good one.  Cool

-Racer

FTV.Kerberos

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2009, 12:36:33 am »

Dear friends,

Frecce Tricolori Virtuali needs a cameraman, because our teammate who should stream has got PC issues.
If you can help us, please contact me to:  luca.sodano AT freccetricolorivirtuali DOT net
We'll give you a "prompter" that will explain in realtime (whispering in TS) where and when to position the camera.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Racer
Cameraman

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 12:46:03 am »

How can I not help my Italian buddies out.
We need to show off that great looking plane
with some fantastic maneuvers.
I can volunteer my help.
Heck, Fiat helped out Chrysler so it is the least I can do.  Smiley

Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2009, 08:11:00 am »

Thanks Racer to step in with our Italian friends.

I could have only one concern here, the distance.

Could you guys coordinate together and make some test regarding a potential latency problem and report back please ?

Many thanks.

Kerberos, don't worry we try to find a solution for you.

MAD MAX
Cameraman

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2009, 09:53:55 am »

Guys, our team also need camera man too. We have comlex programm, and we want also explain where and when to position the camera.
Thx for help.

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2009, 10:59:19 am »

Which camera man is doing what display still needs to be decided. We are working on that.
Teams who did not arrange their own camera man to train them how to do the camera work do have the chance the camera work will not be optimal.
As soon as we know who is streaming what show the camera men can watch the tracks to practise.

Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2009, 12:04:04 pm »

Guys,

let me reinforce the fact that we have a lot of teams flying, we want each team to have their own cameraman but despite the fact that for some teams saying "we have a cameraman", there is an issue because of the bandwidth that is too low to send the feed or because the machine is not powerful enough, etc. Another point, the fact that there is people that volunteer for the job but are unfortunately in a bad timezone.

BUT, and here is my point, there are teams that NEVER come with their own cameraman and they count on the VFAT organizers to give them someone.
Last year we said: If a team does not come next year with his own cameraman, no streaming for them.

It is rude but let's be clear here. Flying in a formation takes a lot of time and hard training, but without a cameraman, you can train as hard as you want, the public will not be able to see how great you guys are.

The cameraman is the key, it is THE JOB that shows a performance of a team during the event, never forget that !

You can always do a nice video, but "live", that's something totally different and having a good cameraman makes the difference.

An example ? Remember what Panther did last year for the Virtual Thunderbirds !
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:14:26 pm by Manu » Logged

FTV.Kerberos

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2009, 02:55:04 pm »

I agree with you Manu, but i want to give "my 2 cents": we tried a lot of people as cameraman, but the main problem is the bandwidth. Here in Italy we are in the midage and is VERY DIFFICULT to find a guy who has at least 0,800kbps in upload.
And if you've found that guy, he has got a poor pc rig. (Murphy's Law) Grin
And if that two conditions are satisfied, he has got pc issues that can't solve in time. This is our case.
We made tests until yesterday with other mates, but without good results.
Now Racer, God bless him, offer himself as cameraman and we're honored of that, I only hope there will be no rushing about FTV and VBA displays.

JaBoG32_Laud
Is airborne

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2009, 08:39:22 pm »

I understand Kerberos, BUT: In the end you don't neccessarily need an italian camera-man. I know it's easier to talk, but on the technical side a guy somewhere from europe can do the job.

So our goal for next years VFAT is to get all teams to organize the camera-men by themselves to lower the workload for the Staff-Crew.

... flying a Flanker and even gettin' paid for it...
Racer
Cameraman

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2009, 10:25:54 pm »

Well, I have been working so far as the cameraman for the team with Kerberos and to be frank it has been a great working relationship.  Everything has been going well between us and I don't even speak a bite of Italian.  It has been my pleasure to help them out.
As long as the camera guy has a great connection, we are proof you do not have to be on the same continent to make it work well.
It all comes down to the connection and hardware of the camera guy as I see it.

Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2009, 11:20:37 pm »

Cameraman, as I mentioned earlier is the key.

- Good connection
- Good machine
- Good knowledge of your computer and settings (audio, video)
- A good diagram showing the manoeuvres to be able to follow easily.

and you are good to go...

A special thanks to Racer that jumped in for this VFAT..

This is the spirit of VFAT !!!

MAD MAX
Cameraman

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 08:18:59 pm »

Manu what about soft? What soft must have cameramen?

Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2009, 01:37:44 am »

http://livestream.com/procaster

Download the software and check http://forum.virtual-airshows.com/index.php/topic,454.msg3611.html#msg3611

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: