Virtual airshows
October 22, 2017, 07:03:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X-52 Curves for lock on?  (Read 7058 times)
VH-Rock
VFAT Staff
Could find the throttle

Virtual Horsemen Flight Lead

« on: November 02, 2009, 08:31:29 pm »

Hey guys, would anybody mind sharing their X-52 curves for Lockon?

Regards,

Rock.

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 08:45:18 pm »

Goose
Could find the throttle

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:40:00 pm »

Ehhh Frazer mayby a stupid question but where can i find that last picture of yours?. The one with the smooth slider

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 03:53:51 am »

There is not such a thing as a stupid question  Wink

Go to TEST and there you will see it (also have no clue why a flight affecting option is covered under TEST).

General advice:
Never change your curves shortly before a live show. Your arms (and brain) must teach itself a new muscle memory, which can take weeks.

Goose
Could find the throttle

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 04:48:34 pm »

Thank you;)

VH-Rock
VFAT Staff
Could find the throttle

Virtual Horsemen Flight Lead

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 09:27:36 pm »

Thankyou! Grin

Firstdate
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 01:00:35 pm »

BUT it depend of the pilots, I have not the same curves and I feel ok, so that's just an habitude to take.  Wink

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 02:13:47 pm »

It indeed depends on your personal preferences, flying style and joystick used. Still though, these settings I posted have a very good balance for all general flying like solo aerobatics, leading and flying wing.

With "very good balance" I mean that the curve is horizontal enough to fly smoothly between 1 and 3 g's but also steep (vertical) enough to have good control when flying between 3 and more g's (as wingman and as lead). Other than this, when flying solo, the curves are responsive enough to make quick inputs.

With a different flying style, like the average speed you are flying, your best curve settings could change drasticly though. With lockon, the best formation speed (cruise speed) with almost every aircraft is around 550km/h. In case you fly much faster (like the VTB, they fly real speeds up to 800km/h) it will be better to go for a more horizontal curve around the deadzone. But at high G-loads, there will be a greater chance of bouncing though.

As last it also depends (many say) on what joystick you use. In general, the more expensive stick the more precise it is and a steeper curve could be used. But this always comes with a sidenote from me and that is "An expensive joystick will not make you a better pilot". Wink
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 02:16:13 pm by Frazer » Logged

JaBoG32_Laud
Is airborne

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 11:04:31 am »

Unbelievable! I also never noticed that function (the last pic in Frazers Post), after flying LO from the very beginning...  Shocked

Interesting though, that Frazers curve-settings are nearly exact like mine, while I'm exclusively flying combat missions with my Flanker.
So yes, seems like it is a very balanced setting.

... flying a Flanker and even gettin' paid for it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: