Virtual airshows
June 27, 2017, 09:01:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VFAT Rehearsal Debrief  (Read 7241 times)
Airone
Cameraman
Was able to find the engine start button

« on: November 10, 2007, 11:50:04 am »

Hi,

according to what we've faced yesterday wwith the jabog32s.

Many teams requested own mission, but NONE of them were given to the organisers through the FTP. TEAM LEADERS , if you want special mission with own settings, you should give them BEFORE the show...not after...Laud and his friend did very well improvising missions, but that is not very fair, they have sufficient workload for Comms and Schedule management.

The conclusion, is that WE HAVE to build a global mission for VFAT to be prepared. :ugeek:

The second problem that appeared was the pilot point of view, The server was not set with Kato mod, the main problem , taht we can solve easily, is the SERVER.LUA file. This file has the pilot view settings for all mods (L39, ALphajet, Hawk....) .
@Laud: So I guess that just placing this file on your server should be enough (I mean not installing the full mod). But it is capital, since yesterday evening we flew our l39 with our pilot set 2 meters higher that our custom(real) position  :lol: Difficult to keep our marks! :mrgreen:

See you for others issues,
Tchuss

Cygan
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 01:45:23 pm »

Hi ....... after first day we have/had only one problem- no APA skin!!  :(  Not in mod (it is and look's good) but after log in on Jabog32 serwer when we try select our aircrafts with our skin in payload section.We must flew with with Virtual Swifts skin  :!:  I hope You don't mind   :) ....that was emergency sytuation.
I'm not sure why it happen ....skin konflict?.....i don't now.
Anyway , please jabog32s. fix skin problem  :cry:  ....about misson, we could fly on the same like last year ,for future- i think  global mission is good idea.
JaBoG32_Laud
Is airborne

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 02:33:40 pm »

Got all mentioned points on the "to-do-list"!

- Global mission is W.I.P! Should be available tonight!
- TS-structure will be optimized.
- All keep in mind not to use chaffs!!!!!!!

... flying a Flanker and even gettin' paid for it...
Kato VBA#4
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 01:53:59 am »

Quote from: "Airone"

The second problem that appeared was the pilot point of view, The server was not set with Kato mod, the main problem , taht we can solve easily, is the SERVER.LUA file. This file has the pilot view settings for all mods (L39, ALphajet, Hawk....) .

I set the A-10 server.lua the same as you had it on the ftp - apparently that's not right. Please let me know what the numbers should be so I can fix it. Of course the Alphajet will be in the same position as the L-39 - there's no way to separate those, other than you adjusting it before you go fly the Alphajet.

There was no server.lua in the Red Arrows mod on the ftp, so I couldn't set it to anything. Again, Red Arrows need to let me know what is should be set to.
Kato VBA#4
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 01:57:43 am »

Quote from: "Cygan"
Hi ....... after first day we have/had only one problem- no APA skin!!  :(  Not in mod (it is and look's good) but after log in on Jabog32 serwer when we try select our aircrafts with our skin in payload section.We must flew with with Virtual Swifts skin  :!:  I hope You don't mind   :) ....that was emergency sytuation.
I'm not sure why it happen ....skin konflict?.....i don't now.
Anyway , please jabog32s. fix skin problem  :cry:  ....about misson, we could fly on the same like last year ,for future- i think  global mission is good idea.

I cannot quite tell if you found your skin when you tried it offline, but then could not find it when online in the JaBog server? If you never found it at all, please check under the country "Poland", not under the country "Russia". I added Poland as a new Lock On country with the APA skin under Poland.

If you can see it offline, but not online, then I suspect the mod is not loaded (or not loaded correctly) on the JaBog server. The Meinit.xml files need to be identical on both the client and server computers.
Tailhook
Cameraman
Could find the throttle

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 03:59:27 am »

The mission we flew was missing an F-14....as well as it had us starting from bunkers and not a flightline. I also felt like I was fighting some lag but I don't really know. We only have had 3 weekends to practice this show so it probably didnt look soo great....and the real VFAT should be better along with more passes. ;)

Cygan
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 11:32:05 am »

Kato, everythig is ok .In offline was ok but online on Jabog serwer was't good .On second day of rehearsal everything was ok ,we had own skin .
Jabog 32 staff - thanks for fix that.....

A.P.A SQ  thanks  everyone who help us and make possible our participation in rehearsal weekend .
 In this year only during rehearsal weekend we were able make flight .When the new year begin we start tranning flights to next VFAT.
There was great fun ,impotant experience and pleasure became a small part of VFAT 2007
Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 11:36:22 am »

We will provide our own mission because we saw a lot of problems with the provided one.

The numera.tga is also an issue for us and we see blue numbers on our skin that should not be there.

Will complete the post when I have all the other informations.

Despite all the problem we face, thanks KAto for your work because it is a huge task.

Kato VBA#4
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 05:06:52 pm »

Quote from: "psv_manu"

The numera.tga is also an issue for us and we see blue numbers on our skin that should not be there.

Did you follow the instructions in the Modman readme, and type in the number 99 to the aircraft number box in the payload screen? If you set the aircraft number to 99, there should be no red or blue numbers on your skins.

Quote from: "psv_manu"
Despite all the problem we face, thanks KAto for your work because it is a huge task.

You're welcome!
Kato VBA#4
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 05:08:24 pm »

Quote from: "Cygan"
Kato, everythig is ok .In offline was ok but online on Jabog serwer was't good .On second day of rehearsal everything was ok ,we had own skin .
Jabog 32 staff - thanks for fix that.....

OK, cool!
RED10|Ells
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 11:10:25 am »

I've had no complaints from the guys on skins or pilot position Kato, but i'll check with them again this morning.
Thnx for all your hard work.
RED10|Ells
Kato VBA#4
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 04:16:40 am »

Quote from: "RED10|Ells"
I've had no complaints from the guys on skins or pilot position Kato, but i'll check with them again this morning.
Thnx for all your hard work.
RED10|Ells

Great - thanks for the feedback  :)
RED10|Ells
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 01:39:16 pm »

Slight mis-information there Kato, apologies.
The guys used our own mod, not the VFAT one.
We are having a training session tonight with theVFAT mod so I'll report back tomorrow with any issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: