Virtual airshows
November 20, 2017, 07:04:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaming Cliffs v2.0  (Read 12597 times)
kerdougan
was able to line up

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 09:55:53 am »

We already can say goodbye to Crimea and the usual VFAT airfield  Sad

Wine69
Designer
Is airborne

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 02:49:58 pm »

Maybe that one of the top modders can create a new VFAT airfield with runways with 36-18 / 09-27 heading ...  Huh?

RED1|Crow
Cameraman
was able to line up

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 03:03:41 pm »

hmm yea, should be possible, like the SimMod team did with the nevada terrain

Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 07:38:07 pm »

Maybe that one of the top modders can create a new VFAT airfield with runways with 36-18 / 09-27 heading ...  Huh?

The headings don't have to be cardinal N/S/E/W... we frequently practice at other show sites with cardinal headings of 104/284 / 194/014 etc. for example. Just like in the real world, you have to adapt and find landmarks to make a *new* show site the same as all the other sites (regardless of headings). Wink

RED1|Crow
Cameraman
was able to line up

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 07:56:10 pm »

I vote for anapa Grin

RvE_Tito
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2009, 08:54:36 pm »

Don't expect much 'flight dynamics'-wise.
VH-Lucas

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 09:36:30 pm »

But, from the DCS website:

"For “Black Shark”, the same Standard Flight Model (SFM) will be used for AI-controlled aircraft that was used for player-controlled aircraft in “Lock On”. This improved FM will provide much more realistic AI flight performance. Only the Advanced Flight Model (AFM) featured in the Su-25T of “Lock On: Flaming Cliffs” game (www.lockon.co.uk) is superior."

Considering that LO 2.0 will be compatible with DCS online, they would need to implement such features in Lock On (or decrease them from DCS, but that wouldn't be very wise  Tongue), what might open some possibilities.

I know I might be dreaming, but, if I'm not, that would create lots of possibilities. I mean, lots of teams would now have the chance to use the real flight model of their aircraft. Just imagine, for example, that Mirage acting just like... a Mirage! I guess modders will probably leave the poor MiG-29G alone, after all  Grin

Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 10:15:51 pm »

Yeah you're thinking too far ahead. Don't get expectant.  Wink

Tito - They mentioned updates to the "flight performance" in both AI and non-AI models, if you know anything specific about the extent, I'd love to hear it! I'm sure it will be minor but everything helps.

RvE_Tito

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 10:26:51 pm »

We'll see about those updates for human controlled a/c but I don't think there will be a noticeable change in the flight performance compared to LO. AI planes will get AI FM up to DCS standarts but that doesn't mean you'll get that if you swap the 3D model. That remains- human controlled a/c can use SFM and AFM of LO aircraft.

Basically, think about FC 2.0 as an update of the immersion- new invironment, new AI, new ME, new units/weapons- all imported from (or rather LO exported to) the Black Shark world.
Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 10:31:10 pm »

That remains- human controlled a/c can use SFM and AFM of LO aircraft.

Understood, that is what I assumed. I'm hoping they've updated the ENGINE that powers those SFMs though, at least to the degree of removing things like the stall "freeze" at 50 KIAS in the Eagle.

VH-Lucas

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 12:02:23 am »

I'm not talking about swaping 3D model.

Taking in account that all aircraft will have SFM, it might be possible to use them by the good n' ol' "HumanCockpit=Yes" to use AI aircraft. In Lock On, we would get those weird flight models with the aircraft's weitght and Su-27 thrust. But, if they all have SFM, it probably means that we'll be able to use them normally, right? Or wrong  Grin?

Kato VBA#4
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2009, 01:43:17 am »

Don't think it answers Lucas' question either, but this appeared on the 2.0 FAQ:

Q: Will all Flaming Cliffs 2.0 flyable aircraft now have the Advance Flight Model (AFM) system?

A: The Su-25 and Su-25T most certainly will and will have some performance tweaks. The other aircraft will have the Standard Flight Model (SFM) but will see more realistic performance in regards to such items as climb rates, acceleration, and top speeds.
Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2009, 08:49:26 am »

Hm, they updated that since I last took a look at it Kato, good catch.

Luse
Cameraman
Was able to find the engine start button

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2009, 09:09:01 am »

Oh, and now we can have Bird Strikes !  Cool
VH-Lucas

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2009, 01:16:04 pm »

Just saw it at ED, great news!

(But, with birds, VFAT 2010 will be a dangerous one, I guess  Grin)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: