Virtual airshows
October 21, 2017, 05:36:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ventrilo Upgrade - URGENT!!!  (Read 12939 times)
Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« on: November 12, 2007, 03:57:31 am »

[quote:71d50]Flagship Industries plans to release Ventrilo v3.0.0 sometime on Wednesday, November 14, 2007.

This new version requires a new client be downloaded and installed on every user's PC or MAC. The client is available at http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

The Ventrilo v3.0.0 client is *NOT* compatible with v2.3 servers, so once you upgrade your client you will only be able to connect to Ventrilo v3 servers. When a v2.3 client tries to connect to a v3.0 server it will pop a message saying the server is running v3.0.0. However, if you install the v3.0.0 client and then try connecting to a v2.3 server it will just sit there saying "Contacting server" and will never come back. You can click disconnect to stop this process.

As of now, we have updated the Control Panel to be ready for v3.0.0. The new files will be put into place sometime after the expected release time on Wednesday.

As for upgrading servers, we are providing a way for everyone to perform their own upgrades. On Wednesday, we will open the "Upgrade" option in the Control Panel. Simply click the link and the system will upgrade your server. This process CANNOT be reversed (this means the upgrade is PERMANENT). Make sure you communicate with your users when you plan on upgrading your server so they don't upgrade their client too early.

Those servers that have not been upgraded by the evening of Friday, November 16, 2007 (US Eastern Time) will be upgraded sometime between Friday evening and Monday morning. If your server falls into this category, when you receive the "server is running 3.0.0" error in your Ventrilo v2.3 client, you need to then visit the Ventrilo Download Link (mentioned above) to download and install the Ventrilo v3.0.0 client.[/quote]

This was just annouced moments ago for our Ventrilo server (I believe the VBA use the same provider - Hurricanehost). What this means is that EVERYONE connecting to our Ventrilo server (incl. the camera man, or spectators) will NEED TO USE Ventrilo Client v3.0 (to be released Nov 14). Unfortunately, the upgrade will take place "automatically" over VFAT weekend server side... so the only remidy is upgrading everyone to v3.0 (once released) before the weekend! Otherwise, the server could go offline in the middle of VFAT!? Not a good thing!

This is really bad timing, but I've already been in contact with our host provider and it's either upgrade ASAP Nov 14th or roll the dice and hope the server doesn't "auto upgrade" from v2.3 to v3.0 in the middle of VFAT. So, anyone planning on being IN our Ventrilo server (and the VBA's?) over VFAT weekend will need to download and install Ventrilo client v3.0 (release date Wed Nov 14th --- planned)!!!

Sorry for the late notice, we just found out ourselves...

VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 04:12:37 am »

Yea Kris our Public Ven is run by Hurricane Host, so we're in the same boat there.  We aren't sure what will happen with our private ven, not sure what provider we have there.  We will have something for you hopefully early this week.  There are some interesting additions to Ven3 as well, too bad it has to be THIS week.

Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 04:29:00 am »

Yep, as if it wasn't hard enough to push that square peg through a round hole already!!!  ;)

We'll get it sorted Wednesday morning!

Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 08:15:43 am »

Hi there,

by the way, did I miss something or I don't have yet the connection details to connect to your server for the should.

Could you please send that to me or to the other guys from the organization ?

I need to make sure we can connect to your server with Lo, ventrilo for the streaming of your show.

Thanks

Manuel

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 11:41:21 am »

Uhm, the update may come automaticly, but it will ask for it first.....what about clicking "no" untill after VFAT?  :roll:

Tailhook
Cameraman
Could find the throttle

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 01:22:23 pm »

Great, I hope our server doesnt shut down for upgrading..... :?

VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 06:22:11 pm »

Quote from: "WR=211=Frazer"
Uhm, the update may come automaticly, but it will ask for it first.....what about clicking "no" untill after VFAT?  :roll:

Quote from: "HurricaneHost"
Those servers that have not been upgraded by the evening of Friday, November 16, 2007 (US Eastern Time) [i:fcadb][u:fcadb][size=150:fcadb]will be upgraded sometime between Friday evening and Monday morning.[/size:fcadb][/u:fcadb][/i:fcadb] If your server falls into this category, when you receive the "server is running 3.0.0" error in your Ventrilo v2.3 client, you need to then visit the Ventrilo Download Link (mentioned above) to download and install the Ventrilo v3.0.0 client.

Not really an option there Frazer.  I don't want to be in the middle of the delta roll, and have all 8 "radios" go bad in the jet during a VFAT performance because they shut our ven down to update it.  We will be updating Wednesday.

Tailhook
Cameraman
Could find the throttle

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 01:24:10 am »

Theres always the ability to idle the jabog TS server and hang in a different channel. Just saying, it could be a backup just in case.

VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 02:30:58 am »

Quote from: "Viper"
Theres always the ability to idle the jabog TS server and hang in a different channel. Just saying, it could be a backup just in case.

All of our timings are with ventrilo, as TS tends to be laggy, and the sound quality is not as great.  Plus, we have all of our binds and what not set up for Ventrilo.

Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 08:45:41 am »

Quote from: "WR=211=Frazer"
.....what about clicking "no" untill after VFAT?  :roll:

If there was an option like that! Unfortunately, you can only choose not to upgrade UNTIL Friday the 16th...

As long as Flagship Industries releases v3.0 as promised on the 14th we will be using it.

Tailhook
Cameraman
Could find the throttle

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 04:48:25 am »

I am currently speaking with one of the administrators of the company where we got our ventrilo server, and he says that all the servers their hosting will be upgraded to v3.0 by tomorrow at 6am. Hopefully HurricaneHost will do the same... :roll:

Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 05:40:20 am »

No need to roll your eyes! Hurricanehost will be ready by 0130CT. :D

VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 01:24:11 am »

VBA Ventrilo has been updated.  Please use V3.0 to connect! ;)

Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 11:15:08 am »

Quote from: "VBARhino"
VBA Ventrilo has been updated.  Please use V3.0 to connect! ;)

Same with the VTB Ventrilo. Already upgraded to v3.0.0

Installing v3.0.0 is very easy. If you already have an older version of Ventrilo client, do not uninstall it - simply install the new v3.0.0 on top and it will save all your settings. All you have to do after that is connect.

Download the v3.0.0 client @ http://www.ventrilo.com

dfdt-ligerzero
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 01:09:44 pm »

Where can i find the adress for the sevre that the pilots must use for VFAT because i can't find ANY adress for the Ventrilo server
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: