Virtual airshows
June 28, 2017, 03:57:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VFAT Air Race Signup  (Read 41718 times)
Luse
Cameraman
Was able to find the engine start button

« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2009, 07:57:47 am »

I was being way to cautious. I had it down pat. The night before I was doing the slalom at 540   Tongue

Sweeper
was able to line up

« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2009, 10:57:05 am »

Wow...that was great break in the normal VFAT Weekend.
I think next year there also has to be an Airrace...i really like this ;-)

VV_Mushu
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2009, 11:35:54 am »

Yes, thanks to all for this race! Very fun!
Congrats Robin, you are my idol !  Grin

But it was the night of lock on crashes! For me, it crashes three times after the race's start.  Angry

I loved the race of Timoha !With it, I learned how to say Left and Right in Russian.  Grin
Wine69
Designer
Is airborne

« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2009, 01:39:02 pm »

The honor goes to Robin  Wink but also to al the others who paticipated !
It was lots of fun in TS, fantastic spirit guys !
But that's what it's all about, the VFAT.

( I have to admit that I was pretty nervous, being the last one to complete the circuit and wanting to set a good time, my heart beated very heavily in my chest. But still, I'm proud to finish at sixt place, hope to participate again next year and will practice for it. )

Wine69
Designer
Was able to find the engine start button ....
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:04:13 pm by Wine69 » Logged

Robin Hood

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2009, 02:49:54 pm »

Thanks everyone Smiley It was really fun to participate in this race Tongue

Thanks to everyone who participated in the race, it was a fun evening/night. And, finally it was very close for the first 5 places !
Hats off, Teej, very good time for you also, especially considering that you downloaded and tried the mission quite late Smiley

Again, thanks all, and may the VFAT 2009 be absolutely awesome (and, I think it has very well begun, apart for a few Lockon crashes). And may the streaming stay nearly perfect as it has been yesterday !

Fastest VFAT Air Race pilot, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Grin
Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2009, 03:09:21 pm »

Regarding the timing, I tried to "push the button" at the right moments, looking from the side when the aircraft crosses the 2nd pylon in the middle of the runway.
It is possible that in game time, once you look at it very precisely afterwards, deviates a bit from my measurments though it can not be more than half a second.
Next year, we could use the track as measurement as it will be more precise, though the outcome will cost more time ofcourse.

Eighter way, it was a lot of fun and I think the public liked it aswell. Certainly a keeper for VFAT!  Wink

VF_#5|Jack
Just able to find the joystick

Virtual Falcon #5 - Lead Solo

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2009, 03:41:29 pm »

Hey everyone.

Was an awesome race yesterday. Loved it, really.
I was a good Idea to stream the voices too Wink.

And congratz to the ones in the first places.

Cichlid
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2009, 10:37:59 pm »

frazer, will the air race be up for replay afterwards or no? I wanna see my fail on the big screen hahahaha
Robin Hood

« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2009, 11:26:10 pm »

I think it's already available Wink

Teej

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2009, 03:40:28 am »

Next year the course should be bigger so that fuel is actually a consideration.  Cheesy

I did my best to exhaust the F-15s minimum fuel load and I still had ~ 600 left.  Still, that was 2100 pounds of digital fuel (thanks, Striker, that was funny!) burned in under 2 minutes.  Cheesy

Teej

« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2009, 04:44:55 am »

Regarding the timing, I tried to "push the button" at the right moments, looking from the side when the aircraft crosses the 2nd pylon in the middle of the runway.
It is possible that in game time, once you look at it very precisely afterwards, deviates a bit from my measurments though it can not be more than half a second.
Next year, we could use the track as measurement as it will be more precise, though the outcome will cost more time ofcourse.

Eighter way, it was a lot of fun and I think the public liked it aswell. Certainly a keeper for VFAT!  Wink

Eh, don't go through too much work.  It's just for fun and bragging rights...and it was very much fun  Cool, and Robin Hood unquestionably earned the bragging rights.  Cheesy

I only looked 'cuz I was wondering how he beat me 'cuz I was having trouble figuring out where I could possibly have gone faster...and now I know.  I scrubbed off way too much speed going through the 360.  My entry speed was about right but then I dropped below corner speed and just kept scrubbing.  I gave up 6 seconds in that circle!

What this really means though is that it is possible to get down at least to 1:44.x on this track.  How much faster than that is possible, I don't know.

Robin Hood

« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2009, 01:33:03 pm »

Wow, seems like I could have gone much faster on the first part of the track Shocked

Teej

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2009, 08:44:39 am »

I was being way to cautious. I had it down pat. The night before I was doing the slalom at 540   Tongue

Hmmm.  You running with units set to 'imperial' or 'metric'?  (as in..do you mean 540 knots or kmh?)

I'd be duly impressed with seeing 540 more than briefly in the slalom (when you make competitive turns into and out of the slalom portion). 

If I tried to enter or exit that portion at anywhere near 540 knots, the turn in or out was much too large.  I could get up to that speed in the middle...but then I'd have to (almost) immediately dirty up through the last gate or two in order to make the big right at the end.

Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2009, 12:10:52 pm »

It's not too difficult to run the slalom at around 550 IAS... keep the cuts shallow and stay close to the pylons, just be ready to bleed with airbrake for that last right turn into the straightaway.

Luse
Cameraman

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2009, 09:31:01 pm »

Beaker is correct  Wink.

Shallow Snaps in the slalom, Boards for the run into the back half. Burner throught the gate @ 180 to the 2nd to last gate before the '360' Cross the finish at 350-400
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: