Virtual airshows
August 19, 2017, 03:51:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What was wrong with the VBA show?  (Read 4206 times)
bsartin
« on: December 27, 2009, 06:49:14 am »

Why did the VBA's show mess up so many times?...Also i was watching thier show on demand and it was bad quality.What was the reason for this?I am a huge fan of the virtual blues and found this dissapointing...If there is a copy tht has better quality could some1 tell me? I would really like to watch it. Huh?
VH-Lucas
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 11:47:13 am »

Livestream had some technical problems, and the VBA, among with other teams, were the victims then.

Racer
Cameraman
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 03:29:15 pm »

Yes it was a bit disappointing for sure.

As the VBA cameraman, things were looking perfect on my screen through the entire
demo.  There were no signs of anything going wrong.  Although there clearly was something
not right.
The VTB also had there issues very similar to ours. Also the VFT (which I was cameraman for).
Some of the similarities I can see here is that all of these had the cameraman streaming from the states
and the key I think here is they were all later in the day which would have had the highest amount of viewers straining the European Livestream server which all of the streams were funneled to.
The quantity and the distance must have just been to much at the same time.
Some of the American teams which went much earlier in the day (VPJT) did not have these issues.
I am sure these issues will be worked out the next time as we all learn what does and what does not work.

As for the VBA from VFAT, Rhino was putting something together from our track of the show but as you might imagine the holidays have kept everyone busy.
I am sure it will be up soon after things settle down after the holidays.

We will also be doing many more live shows next year so you will have plenty of opportunities to catch a live show.

bsartin
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 06:56:30 pm »

Ok thanks man...how do I know when the live show will be becuase i certainly want to catch it.And will the video Rhino puts up be downloadable?
Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 07:54:41 pm »

All liveshows will be announced on this forum. You will get an email Wink

bsartin
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 12:05:25 am »

Ok thanks man.hopefully it wont have the same problems as it did when they flew vfat this year.
Robin Hood
Was able to find the engine start button

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 04:38:07 pm »

Some of the American teams which went much earlier in the day (VPJT) did not have these issues.

Wasn't the VPJT right after the first VBA miss (on Satudray), if I remember correctly (actually, I'm pretty sure). If so, it was, strangely, easily as late as the Sunday VBA & VTB (I remember staying up quite late for the VPJT ! Wink and the show was worth it). Though, I have no idea why this particular show seemed to go rather smoothly (only a few-seconds freeze at one time, fixed by a refresh) - for me and a few people I know, at least.  Huh?

Anyway, I'm eager to see what's next from you ! Saw the beginning two times, it it promised a lot of excitement for the rest of the show Wink

Fastest VFAT Air Race pilot, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: