Virtual airshows
August 21, 2017, 09:46:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General discusssion about Streaming  (Read 16590 times)
Racer
Cameraman
Just able to find the joystick

« on: September 22, 2010, 01:12:35 am »

I thought I would post here with my Livestream issues/concerns as we near the show.
As most of you may know, the Procaster has been going through a number of updates the last of which
has eliminated the VP6 encoder and has left us with the H264.
I have read and have seen first hand that this encoder does not work well for game capture.
Even in the screen capture mode there is huge lag with this encoder to a point that is really un-usable in my opinion.  Has anyone else run into this issue?
I have recently dropped the Procaster and have been using the Adobe Flash Media Encoder software on the VP6 encoder setting on Justin TV with great results.
Anyway, this H264 in game mode I think is a huge concern that needs to discussed.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:28:44 am by Racer » Logged

Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 09:37:39 pm »

For Info, the other day I received a message from Livestream mentioning that the live stream exceeded the limit of 500 Kbps at 568 kbps and that I should move to livestream pro to be able to stream at a higher bit rate.

I assume that this could come to some lags due to limiting the transmit rate to stay at 500kbps. Perhaps something to take into account

Racer
Cameraman
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 10:44:03 pm »

I have also received those same e-mails.
It will limit the quality of the image for sure as you have to balance that 500 limit
between the video and the audio quality.
Having a good picture with bad audio may be just as bad.

Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 07:57:43 am »

Actually we are not that far from the limit, to it should fit inside the limit...
Will make some additional tests

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 09:55:06 am »

What settings are you guys streaming on to get just under the 500k?
Tailhook
Cameraman
Could find the throttle

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 11:43:02 pm »

Not sure about anybody else but I can get more than 650kbps (currently 800kbps) easily when not during peak hours. Off peak livestream hours, I can get up to the 1200kbps range.

It is currently 5:42pm and I have a 4.50mb/s upload rate.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:45:28 pm by Tailhook » Logged

Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 01:08:52 am »

Has nothing to do with your upload speed. Livestream caps your steam bandwidth at 500kpbs. Anything higher probably has to be downgraded which causes hitching.

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 10:57:31 am »

yeah, ok well i'll keep upping the resolution and audio quality until it tells me off lol
Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 09:42:14 am »

Or suddenly, in a performance, when lots of people are watching, it will decide to cap you. (Like VFAT 09 for VBA or something like that. Wink)

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 09:31:28 pm »

hmm that's not good.
I've set mine to 768x432 (High) with audio of 224bit and the quality looks very good on Livestream and sounds awesome.
I don't think this would have too many issues with large audience?
Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 08:49:17 pm »

First point, unless you pay for your channel you could be limited any time to the 500kb/s limit.
So what happens is you will get some freezes, loss of frames and so on.

I would really suggest to keep the settings below the 500 K limit like we did last year. I think that the quality was overall good even if not perfect and a big pain for some of teams.
We could explore other providers if you'd like, I'm happy to do so, we still have some time in front of us if you guys think we could have a larger benefit.

I'll bring last year's post back in this section with the settings we used. This will be our safe settings, just below the 500k limit.

Also one important point, if your game resolution is big, you will need more cpu to resize your video on the fly then send it with the fixed limit.
So if your game resolution is the same as the feed you are sending, the less cpu you will use.

Thanks for your feedback

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 10:13:55 pm »

Copy on your cameraman checklist Manu, except that I will be narrating during our show.
Everything else will be set as per the list.

I assume you want thes settings complied with for the VFAT Review show also?
Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 07:24:27 am »

I assume you want thes settings complied with for the VFAT Review show also?

Yes it would be good to have that for the review

Tailhook
Cameraman
Could find the throttle

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 12:09:43 pm »

As most of you may know, the Procaster has been going through a number of updates the last of which
has eliminated the VP6 encoder and has left us with the H264.

http://www.livestream.com/userguide/index.php?title=Procaster_Release#Version_10.0.124_of_Procaster

Version 10.0.124 of Procaster is the last version that supports VP6. It is also the last version before versions 20.x.x. It is currently the version I run.

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 12:09:42 am »

LiveStream...AAARRRGHHHHH!!!!

We did 3 live flights today, all streamed live with full narration, crowd noise, ATC comms, the works, and it didn't record any of the live flights even though Procaster was showing we were live every time.
I even have a video and photo taken form my friend's camera of it in the process.

I've then restreamed the track and audio 5 times before it finally took it, without changing any settings.

I think i'm now bald with the amount of hair i've ripped out of my head.

Let's hope it all works ok on the day(s) if this is the problems we're having streaming quality control videos.

Ok, rant over, now anyone have any idea why it would do that?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: