Virtual airshows
October 23, 2017, 08:20:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General discusssion about Streaming  (Read 17062 times)
Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 10:39:26 am »

That's not a good news indeed.

I've had one time an issue linke that where the replay was not available. It needed some computing on the Livestream side but at the end it died.
Not sure what the reason is... Will check with them

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 12:13:08 pm »

Thanks Manu, was driving me crazy yesterday. The only thing I didn't do was stream to my other channel for VRA. Thought of that at 4am when i woke up dreaming about the stream lol
Forrest
Was able to find the engine start button

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 10:20:20 pm »

As I read it, here is something about cameramen requirements...
I just would like to ask, what should cameramen do during LiveStream Check-In. So does it mean that we, the cameramen have to log into the VFATs' LiveStream and is that all?, or there is any other think what we have to do?
Sorry if I have less information about it, nowadays I am a little bit busy and I can't follow it and read back the whole topic...

Ps: I have asked an appointment from Manu for next week Saturday (27th), so it's done...

Thanks You very much for the answer!  Smiley Wink
Best Regards,
Daniel

"Do not be a wingseamed bird, there up a thousand of wonder are waiting"
Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 10:59:37 pm »

Hey Daniel,
The purpose is to test your system streaming to the VFAT channel.
This can be done from a recorded track, or a live flight, it is up to you.
But check in with Manu on requirements.
Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 11:08:58 pm »

That's right  Wink

Forrest

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 12:29:01 am »

Ahhh okay, I understood Wink, Thank You Ells! Smiley

I have (temporarily) an i5 computer with 4GB RAM and 1GB HD videocard and the type of it: ATI Radeon Graphic Processor...
My internet, as I remember: Download speed: 6-7Mbit/s , Upload speed about: 1Mbit/s

...so I hope It will work well...Smiley

Regards,
Daniel Smiley

"Do not be a wingseamed bird, there up a thousand of wonder are waiting"
Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 08:49:52 am »

Please use this thread http://forum.virtual-airshows.com/index.php/topic,814.0.html prior to the tests for seting up your procaster client.

VST Şimşek
Just able to find the joystick

Virtual Solo Türk | #1 Şimşek

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 09:48:49 pm »

We have been starting to prepare for live acrobatic show on livestream. Insist of your experiences about livestream we have a question for you. We are working with procaster programme for our acrobatic live show. Our problem is "echo problem" when we talk on microphone and, some of SIM's voices don t work, engine sound etc. how can be fix these problems ?

Thanks for your feedback

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2011, 06:24:29 pm »

Check the mixer settings in Procaster and Windows
Tuckie

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 11:13:58 am »

Hi there, another Livestream newbie here... sorry if some question is so silly; previously I've look for more info, to answer is my last resource...

So after reading, installing, configuring and testing Procaster exactly as requested, I have some questions.

1. If I do not mark the "Automatically go live when broadcasting" checkbox, when I press the "Go live" button on procaster, it looks like it's going live in the control window over the simulator, but looking to my livestream channel, it's not live even it says it's broadcasting.
If I mark that checkbox no problem, it goes live, just wondering why in the reccomended settings this checkbox is not marked:

2. When broadcasting, image is not smooth, it rolls between some random frames, and the only explanation I find is that on server Pc, the network usage is:
-IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 Ultrapack 2.0 as server for cameraman at 1280x720 as requested.
-Procaster broadcasting
-TS3
-A Google Chrome window looking the result into my livestream channel. --> Maybe the problem is that I should close this window?
This Pc is a I7 920 OC 3,33Ghz 6Gb RAM GTX 580

The other pec is a Dual core Laptop, Ati 9800, 2Gb ram, only running Il2 connected to the server by direct IP. I'll fly from that Pc, and the network usage it's only the connection data from the simulator.

Both Pc's are almost side by side, same subnetwork, that network connected to a router about 20m away. That's why I don't need to connect both Pc to TS3, the headphones can be moved from one Pc to another, the calbe is longer enough.

3. It is supposed that I broadcast into my livestream channel usinng my account, and VFAT organisation cathes image from there? Or may I have to broadcast to their channel directly using their account?

4. In the Procaster settings post it is said that Lock On must be configured in a concrete way. Is there something similar for IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 flyers?

Thank you all, will keep making tests while training...
Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 09:06:58 pm »

Hi Tuckie,

here we go:

1/ "Go live " should be unticked for the VFAT as we don't want to stream right in the middle of another presentation. The go live is done via the Livestream studio by a VFAT team member
2/ Specs of your machine looks good, could be that you are not exactly aligned with the requested settings in Procaster, see: http://forum.virtual-airshows.com/index.php/topic,1193.0.html for details.
3/ You will broadcast to the VFAT channel using your usual account. Your account will be added to the VFAT channel for your show and removed/locked after to avoid any problem.
4/ There is no concrete Way for IL-2 but it is assumed that your IL-2 don't take all your computer ressources, that you gave at least 25 FPS and that you still have free CPU and RAM allowing procaster to work and encode your video.

Manu
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 07:03:21 pm by Frazer » Logged

Tuckie

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 01:35:28 pm »

Hi Tuckie,

here we go:

1/ "Go live " should be unticked for the VFAT as we don't want to stream right in the middle of another presentation. The go live is done via the Livestream studio by a VFAT team member

Thanks Manu, now I understand Smiley

2/ Specs of your machine looks good, could be that you are not exactly aligned with the requested settings in Procaster, see: http://forum.virtual-airshows.com/index.php/topic,1193.0.html for details.

Nope, in fact I followed exactly these settings before testing, what I've found is that procaster sometimes starts broadcasting bad, and the only solution is to stop and go live again.

With a Livestrame page opened, I see that the brtoadcast has a real delay of about 10 to 15 seconds from what I'm transmitting, and had to lower a bit the bitrate, to 300 so there are some stutters.

But as I said, I think I got it, the trick is stop and start again. This makes me worry about what happen if the broadcasting goes corrupted in them iddle of the display; If I do not have the Livestream channel open, I cannot be aware of that... Well, maybe my cameraman can check the broadcasting quality too...

3/ You will broadcast to the VFAT channel using your usual account. Your account will be added to the VFAT channel for your show and removed/locked after to avoid any problem.
4/ There is no concrete Way for IL-2 but it is assumed that your IL-2 don't take all your computer ressources, that you gave at least 25 FPS and that you still have free CPU and RAM allowing procaster to work and encode your video.
Manu

Roger, thanks a lot!!!
59th_Reaper

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 09:06:33 pm »

Hi guys!

I've a problem with stream. The Procaster doesn't see the FC2. I tried with DCS:A-10C and same problem. With other games (like Arma2, CS, etc.) work fine.. Any idea?

P.S.: We tried on other PC, and same problem was there..
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:18:28 pm by 59th_Reaper » Logged

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 10:22:37 pm »

Make sure you use the latest version of Procaster and make sure you got Procaster on "game" mode (see VFAT Procaster Settings).
Please note, sometimes Procaster does have issues in recognizing FC2. If so, please restart Procaster and try again.

Hope that solves your issue.

FTV.Kerberos

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 01:03:50 pm »

Don't know if there are other Il2 squadrons, but i want to remember that in case of Il-2 streaming, Procaster must be set in "Screen Mode" (not game mode), otherwise it crashes after few seconds.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: