Virtual airshows
June 27, 2017, 09:06:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General discusssion about Streaming  (Read 16230 times)
Teej
Just able to find the joystick

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 03:58:37 pm »

Some thoughts I had that folks might want to try if they haven't already.  I HAVE NOT tested these settings for streaming - I'm posing these as suggestions for discussion/testing by someone who streams on a regular basis in an attempt to chase down some of the stuff that just doesn't look right when streamed.

1:  Manually set processor affinity in the game and procaster threads - to make sure that they're not trying to run off the same cores (maybe split 'em half and half - FC2 only uses 1-2 cores anyway)

2:  It's already been suggested for streamers to limit MaxFPS to 24 - I'd suggest going a step further and making sure you're not pre-rendering any frames (IIRC this is in graphics card settings, not in the game). 

T

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 07:12:52 pm »

Don't know if there are other Il2 squadrons, but i want to remember that in case of Il-2 streaming, Procaster must be set in "Screen Mode" (not game mode), otherwise it crashes after few seconds.
Yeah the Procaster settings thread is mainly focused @ Lockon/DCS. I do not have a lot of experience with IL2. Feel free to make a similar Procaster/streaming thread dedicated to IL2! (Would be very welcome to have)

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 07:14:08 pm »

Some thoughts I had that folks might want to try if they haven't already.  I HAVE NOT tested these settings for streaming - I'm posing these as suggestions for discussion/testing by someone who streams on a regular basis in an attempt to chase down some of the stuff that just doesn't look right when streamed.

1:  Manually set processor affinity in the game and procaster threads - to make sure that they're not trying to run off the same cores (maybe split 'em half and half - FC2 only uses 1-2 cores anyway)

2:  It's already been suggested for streamers to limit MaxFPS to 24 - I'd suggest going a step further and making sure you're not pre-rendering any frames (IIRC this is in graphics card settings, not in the game). 

T
Will give that a try Teej!

FTV.Kerberos
Was able to find the engine start button

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 09:55:29 pm »

Yeah the Procaster settings thread is mainly focused @ Lockon/DCS. I do not have a lot of experience with IL2. Feel free to make a similar Procaster/streaming thread dedicated to IL2! (Would be very welcome to have)

Settings are the same, the only difference is Screen Mode instead of Game Mode.  Smiley

373rd_greg

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2012, 01:54:41 pm »

Hello guys!
I 'm Greg from the 373rd Phoenix . It's the first time we will join a virtual air show with a F-16C 52+ CFT (Falcon BMS) and we have some problems with the procaster program. Roll Eyes

We tried 20.2.0 version and the 20.3 also but we get the ''CPU usage over 80% '' message.
We used at first the settings you propose in the ''procaster settings'' thread but it seems that it didnt help.
We tried lower fps and resolution but the problem remained.Could you propose anything else (procaster version etc?)
Thanks in advance!

My PC :
Intel Core Quad Q6600 2,4 GHz
4gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 550ti
Win7 x64
Falcon BMS
VBARhino
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, 02:55:33 am »

Something makes me think its your processor. 

Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 07:32:24 am »

2.4 GHz is a pretty low clock to be streaming a sim with an old, poorly optimized, processor-intensive engine. That's probably just how the chips are going to fall with BMS.

Grab
VFAT Staff
Could find the throttle

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 07:39:50 am »

It's not uncommon for your processor usage to be very high while streaming from a video game (any game).  As long as the stream is smooth and watchable it's no big deal.

373rd_greg

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 10:44:38 am »

Thank you guys!
I had to low some settings and it seems ok now.(smooth and watchable  Smiley)
We plan to send our stream for the quality test within this week.

Some more questions for the virtual air show day (  Grin ) ...
Will we livestream our show in our team's channel and then VFAT will subscribe to it and replay the vid?
Or will we upload our stream direct to the VFAT's channel? Also is there the ''VFAT ACE-Standards'' for 2012 show link available?

Thanks in advance.
VH-Rock
VFAT Staff
Could find the throttle

Virtual Horsemen Flight Lead

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 03:56:40 pm »

For the quality control, you can use your own stream channel and link the VFAT admins to your replay Smiley

Beaker
Is airborne

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2012, 05:57:29 pm »

...and you should have an email with instructions to that end. They probably expect an email from you.

373rd_greg

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2012, 12:09:12 am »

Thank you guys!
We will try our best  Smiley
Sevas
Was able to find the engine start button

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2012, 03:04:53 pm »

Having weird thing.
In game picture is antialised, but on livestream not.

Grab
VFAT Staff
Could find the throttle

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2012, 09:25:01 pm »

It is.  Your stream quality is probably just low.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: