Virtual airshows
August 24, 2017, 04:52:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Little issue to place the plane on the parking  (Read 5816 times)
Tango
VFAT Staff
Just able to find the joystick

« on: November 11, 2010, 10:44:25 pm »

Hi, I have a little issue to place all the planes on the parking of Maykop so if you have any trick to have all aircrafts aligned near each other, would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 01:21:25 am »

I don't think there is any "trick" for that, as far as I know.....

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 10:11:46 am »

You can in DCS but not in FC2 as far as I know. I've never figured out a way anyway
Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 07:27:06 am »

I've been out of the loop for a while (so if someone knows a fix please correct me), but AFAIK there's no fix for this in FC2. A few of the airports have the planes starting next to each other, but at most airfields you'll start in a hangar, shed or remote parking area and have to taxi your jet to the appropriate ramp if you want the jets "in formation" prior to spooling up.

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 10:13:57 am »

Best way to do it (I guess) is to let everyone taxi to one spot before the show starts  Grin

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 06:34:24 pm »

The VRA mission has everyone starting next to each other in Anapa, and in the order we taxi out.
I'll ask Crow tonight if he is around, if not at practice tomorrow.
Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 10:30:12 am »

The VRA mission has everyone starting next to each other in Anapa, and in the order we taxi out.
I'll ask Crow tonight if he is around, if not at practice tomorrow.

IIRC Anapa is one of two airports in FC2 that you can have the jets spawning on the ramp in order.

Sinister
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 10:57:45 pm »

I wonder if thats just an issue for that particular base..  hmmmm

not sure... In our mission, we are able to have the jets spawn close to eachother on the ramp..

ill ask Blaze and then repost with an update..
Blaze
Designer
Was able to find the engine start button

Virtual Patriots / Viper East

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 11:55:14 pm »

As LD stated, Anapa is one of 2 airports in FC2 where the jets can all spawn on the ramp close together. They're not in the right order, so some rearranging in the mission editor is necessary to get them in the right order in-game.

Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Manu
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 09:06:31 pm »

Thanks guys for your input.

VSB
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 08:22:22 am »

We got this working this evening at Sochi Adler.   We are able to park in numerical order in the area of the ramp that we prefer.

What we did to figure this out:

Initially we created a mission with 35 client A-10's on the Sochi Adler parking ramp and we noticed that the spawning was indeed random.   We ended up creating a mission with 80 client spots and then we found that spots 48 through 65 were all in order and in the area of the ramp that we wanted.

My guess is If you wanted to do this at another airfield you'd have to do the same thing and create a number of client aircraft in the mission at the airfield of choice and hop into each of the parking spots and keep track of where they are.

Fly safe!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:31:28 am by VSB » Logged
Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 08:46:42 am »

Thanks for sharing.

I tried the method mentioned above at a few different airports (Tskhakaya & Kutaisi) earlier this year without any luck. Even after finding the sequence of the jets I wanted to spawn in the appropriate spots, the mission would somehow revert them to spawn in different/default spots (read: bunker) after making changes in the loadout, pilot name or anything else in the mission editor. Let us know if you run into any problems or try this at another airfield, in particular one that was a new addition in FC2.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: