Virtual airshows
August 19, 2017, 06:34:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phantom Control (Download)  (Read 58801 times)
Sevas
Was able to find the engine start button

« on: December 19, 2010, 02:06:23 am »

Phantom Control (PhC) is a program that allows you to record and replay joystick and keyboard input in LockOn FC2 Multiplayer.

The main purpose of PhC is to serve as a training tool for the "wing pilots" of the virtual aerobatic community, as it can reproduce aerobatic maneuvers (including take off and landing) flown by a real leader.

In fact, you can fly off the wing at your own, previously flown, leader aircraft.

Program requirements:
- A second computer (server) with LO FC2 installed. Not needed for recording.
- Internet or Network connection. Not nedeed for recording.

Notes:
- Users of Windows 7 / Vista - adviced to run Phantom Control as administrator to prevent errors.
(Right click icon>Compatibility>check box "Run this program as an administrator")
- Make sure the program is not blocked by your firewall.
- It is not adviced to make Phantoms longer than 30 minutes due to fucking LockOn export lua input replay errors. In other words, the longer the flight, the greater the chance your phantom replay lands on the grass instead of the runway. (Issue solved in Phantom Control 2.0.2.0 by the "Correction" mode. You can now re-record replay errors)

Recording
The recording mode is will save your joystick and keyboard inputs during flight. Read the instructions.

Playback
The playback mode allows you to replay any previously saved Phantom through the Load Phantom button. Read instructions.

Correction
The Correction mode of Phantom Control allows you to correct replay errors like grass landings or landings not lined up with the runway. Simply refly the landing pattern!

Input settings
Under the Input settings you can assign your devices to the corresponding axis and set the curvature and deadzone. The amount of curve (0 to 30) and deadzone (0 to 10) are similar to the LockOn curves and deadzones.

The limited 0-30 curve will be upgraded to 0-100 in future releases of Phantom Control.

For Pitch, you can also set 31, which corresponds to a special curve used by the VAT "Berkuts".

Program Updates
If a new version of Phantom Control is avaiable, you will be told by a pop-up when you launch Phantom Control. If you click yes, your browser will open the update thread on our forum.

Bug Reports
Please report any bug or problem you may have with Phantom Control by posting the issue in this thread.
When you do so, please subscribe the problem precisely with screenshot support if possible. In this way we can tackle issues quickly and perfect the program for you.

Enjoy many months of sweat and tears by BR=55=Sevas, BR=30=Yaroslav and BR=25=Batfox!

Version 2.0.2.0
Download Phantom Control

Quote from: Yaroslav
Let the bugs fun begin!  Grin

Mirror threads:
berkuts.ru
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:10:58 pm by Frazer » Logged

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 01:21:06 pm »

Awesome guys, thanks very much
Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 01:59:41 pm »

Region and Language issues (imperial/metric)

Phantom Control will only work properly on metric based Windows for now.
If you have imperial based Windows (mainly US), please follow the instructions below. 

Go to START > Control Panel > Region and Language > Additional settings

Please do not forget to reset your Region and Language settings again when you finished using PhC. As some programs may have problems with the comma setting.

The imperial and metric issues will be solved in future releases of Phantom Control.

JuanOscar
Could find the throttle

Patrulla Águila Virtual

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 02:00:55 pm »

Fantastic news! Christmas present for the community.  Grin

Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 02:18:07 pm »

Game path issues

Phantom Control uses the very first LOFC2 install on your computer. If you have multiple installs and you want to select a specific installation, follow the instructions below.

Go to START > Run... > type in "regedit" > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Eagle Dynamics > LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2 > Path (double click the Path image on the right).

In future releases of Phantom Control we will try to add a game path selector to the program.

VF_#1|Diko
Could find the throttle

Virtual Falcon #1 - Flight Leader

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 08:40:13 pm »

Thanks for that info I needed, Frazer! Smiley   ...and of course thanks for Phantonm Control, Sevas

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 11:59:40 pm »

We flew 9 ship tonight with the phantom and had some lag issues but we think that was the host.
I'm going to host next practice and see what it's like for the others as I seem to host better ping times.

I had no lag tonight with the phantom plane and it flew perfectly, great job guys!!!

Next question, is there a way to loop the mission, I.e. what is the best programme out there to do this, and can you tie it into the audio file also?
Frazer
Organizer
Is airborne

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 12:09:34 am »

I had no lag tonight with the phantom plane and it flew perfectly, great job guys!!!
Good  Cheesy
Next question, is there a way to loop the mission, I.e. what is the best programme out there to do this, and can you tie it into the audio file also?
This is not easy to do (our server is full of scripting to have everything automated and timed) but these things are certainly interesting to add to future PhC versions.

Till then, you have to start everything manually I'm afraid.

Dutchman
was able to line up

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 10:18:24 am »

Thank you very much for sharing this great tool to the community!! Lets hope to improve our skills with this pogram Cheesy
thanks again..

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 02:53:35 pm »

Till then, you have to start everything manually I'm afraid.

Ok no probs, I'm looking at a mouse movement and click recorder and timed playback, see if that works.
Sevas

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 05:28:55 pm »

You are wellcome guys!

Well, I see our bad instructions litlbit confused you.

For recording a Phantom not needed to join the server by using internet - actually this method not recommended, because Phantom is hard synchronaized with server`s time.
Imagine - you joined the server for recording and didnt noticed that time on server - 3000 sec, but you have started engines. After recording you will restarted server and want to playback Phantom, but fail. Phantom will start engines only when server`s time became exactly 3000 sec.

All you need for offline-recording is network-mission. Just start Multiplayer FC2 (blue link), choose your mission and choose client-plane.
Important - if you will recorded Phantom in off-line FC2 (red link) and try to replay it in the server, then Phantom became mad and will fly incorrect, so be sure you are record Phantom in Multiplayer FC2.

For Ells:

We use Autohotkey or AHK (Free) for scripting all operations, but this is not my part of coding (Yaroslav`s). As I know this is easiest way for automation, but you need some time for learning AHK.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:58:25 pm by Sevas » Logged

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 10:24:42 pm »

Many thanks Sevas, I will look at Autohotkey.
We flew the phantom with me hosting tonight with 4 planes and had no problems with it at all. We even synchronise the audio with the flight track.
We will fly VRA 9 ship practice tomorrow night and see if it works ok for us.
Sevas

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 11:30:59 pm »

Nice to hear that. Shure, all be fine, in our server sometimes fly simultaneously 9 and more planes.
Most quick way to synchronize audio and Phantom:
Recording - Before unpause server for starting record, countdown loud to you voice-recording software "3,2,1", after "1" unpause server!
Playback - Before unpause server for starting playback go to your voice-player and start playing voice-record and go back as quick as possible to game, when you`ll hear "3,2,1", after "1" unpause server!

I hope we will not see Phantom, leading team at VFAT display  Grin
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:57:24 pm by Sevas » Logged

Ells
VFAT Staff
Is airborne

RED8

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 02:07:31 pm »

Thanks Sevas, yes we are doing that already and works very well.

haha @ phantom @ VFAT2011
Lawndart
Is airborne

Virtual Thunderbirds

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 08:52:23 am »

Thanks Berkuts, we'll let you know how it goes for us. I haven't had a chance to play with it myself yet (busy with work and Xmas), but I think Teej and some others tested the Betas... We'll keep you posted on any addl. findings as time goes on.

Either way, it's awesome for the aero community having this utility (once again)! Thank you! Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: